Black tank loose on Imagine 2970RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tank loose on Imagine 2970RL

I added a shutoff valve at the end of my tank discharge piping because the normal shutoff valve(s) leaked and I would get a little surprise when I hooked up my sewer hose. Everything seemed to be working okay until I noticed the whole piping assembly was loose. I looked underneath and saw the metal strap support hanger had broken. I surmised the weight of the extra valve caused the failure.and used some heavy strapping to cradle the piping. It is very secure now, but I was thinking the short run from the black tank did not seem long enough to cause the flexing that I had. I suspect the whole black tank may be loose and is now being held in place by my support of the outlet piping. While it seems to be secure now, I'm concerned that long term the outlet connection on the tank may fail. I've seen blog posts where people have had fresh water tanks fall onto the coroplast belly cover. I have not had any leaks.thus far.
    Has anyone had a black tank support fail? How is the tank held in place? Expect I will need to eventually remove the coroplast to see what is going on.
    Thanks!

Welcome to our Owners Technical Forum.

The holding tanks are “T” shaped with molded flanges resting on support rails. The attached picture is from the Grand Design Parts Lookup section of their website. The tank is actually upside down in this drawing (for some reason?). There may also be a sheet metal strap under the tank for additional support. An empty tank is very light . . . this could be why it feels “loose” without there being any problem.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	524C5A19-4292-499A-A4F8-AEDA39ECF079.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	95852
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I think I recall seeing this happen before. My guess is the strap was a little too short or being made from aluminum, it just failed. Dropping the under belly might be a good idea just to be sure that there are no other issues but I think you will be fine.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Cate&Rob re. the upside-down drawing. Requires fewer views to illustrate the setback of the outlet end details.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
        X