Furrion tankless water heater retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Steve for posting what you did so I could copy your procedure 👍

Glad it was helpful! I was so worried about breaking one of those harnesses. And I agree would have been nice to see some type of instruction but the overall conversion was pretty straight forward in my mind.

Let me know how it works in your cold weather. I was hoping to get out and test mine before I had to button it up for the winter but scheduling did not allow. So waiting for spring!
    SATA Adventurers
    Steve and Tina
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

Just did my install using this writeup. Much appreciated.

Comment

I read through this entire post and was impressed with the writeup that was provided. So I ordered the new board and swapped it out as per the writeup using the existing harnesses. When I had it all completed I tried testing and nothing happened. The board did click when I switched on the power however the blower / burner did not start up as I was running the hot water. Did the common checks to make sure all the wiring was correct, that I did not blow the fuse and that all connectors were properly seated. So I swapped back the old original board and everything works as it should. Not impressed if I in fact got a bad board shipped. I've sent Lippert an Email telling them the board did not work. For others that have done this does did the heater start right up with the new board installed ? TIA
        Monika and Randy and our Mutt Lilo
        2022 Reflection 280RS
        2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab with Ram Boxes
        Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I did rest after the board install and my heater provided hot water. I had to winterize soon after so have not checked since. Let us know. Boards may not be reliable?
          SATA Adventurers
          Steve and Tina
          2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

So Lippert got right back to me via Email and provided me with instructions (aligned almost 100% with SATA Adventures writeup). So that method of throwing away the cables that came with the new controller and using the existing ones is absolutely correct. They told me to follow the steps and to cycle the power on the unit. Obviously I did that with my first attempt and the new controller failed to start the blower or light the burner with the hot water line running, I work in I&C so know what I am doing. So now I'm thinking I will attempt one more time and see if it may have been a loose wire that I missed. BTW the board appears to be of high quality so I doubt its a systemic issue, just bad luck if I do in fact have a bad board.
            2022 Reflection 280RS

Comment

Keep us updated on what you find. Hopefully it is just a loose connection as you said and it fires up when you get it sorted. Fingers crossed!
              David and Deana
              2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
              2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Good news I have the new board working. Seems the boards remember that the wall mounted panel in the bathroom was last in the on or off position even with the 12v power removed out on the heater side. So after swapping boards the panel in the bathroom needed to be turned on. Since I was using the sprayer on the nautilus I never went inside on my first attempt.
                2022 Reflection 280RS

Comment

Originally posted by truemanrst View Post
                  Good news I have the new board working. Seems the boards remember that the wall mounted panel in the bathroom was last in the on or off position even with the 12v power removed out on the heater side. So after swapping boards the panel in the bathroom needed to be turned on. Since I was using the sprayer on the nautilus I never went inside on my first attempt.
                  Thanks for the follow-up . . . another important "tip" to know.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hello, does anyone know how to tell which control board we received (like perhaps a part number, or VIN lookup)? I am not sure if we need the retrofit or not. Thank you!

2022 Reflection 312BHTS with 2011 F350

Comment

Originally posted by pomocamper View Post
                      Hello, does anyone know how to tell which control board we received (like perhaps a part number, or VIN lookup)? I am not sure if we need the retrofit or not. Thank you!
                      Look at the pictures that Jim, TucsonJim, uploaded in post 21. Then go look to see which one is installed in your camper.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Put the controller to the test this weekend. Saturday morning lows were deep in the 20s and nothing froze. On a side note my slide wouln't come in but that's another story.

Comment

Stroudtom- thanks for letting us know. Glad all worked fine. Did you use your furnace and is it ducted into the bay as well?

I still have not dewinterized. Was hoping groundhog didn’t have cataracts and see shadows, but alas we are getting snow still.
                          SATA Adventurers
                          Steve and Tina
                          2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Yes I used my furnace and it is ducted. I never heard it running like my house unit which is noticeable but the Furrion has a variable output which I noted listening to exhaust. It can be very quiet.

Comment

Greetings

We have the new version of the tankless WH in our 2023 2670mk. Waiting for non freezing weather for the first outing. It appears if one is boondocking then the anti freezing option of the TWH will not function. The new manual states 12V + electric needs to be turned on. If so has anyone out there added a small 12V heat tape with a thermostat and on/off switch?

thank you
                              Jim & Val
                              with Doozy a Mini bull Terrier

2023 Imagine 2670mk
                              2011 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
                              2 6V AGM batteries
                              160W portable solar panel
                              BlUETTI EB55 537Wh Portable Power Station w/120W portable solar panel
                              Bend, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Jbshmstr View Post
                                Greetings

We have the new version of the tankless WH in our 2023 2670mk. Waiting for non freezing weather for the first outing. It appears if one is boondocking then the anti freezing option of the TWH will not function. The new manual states 12V + electric needs to be turned on. If so has anyone out there added a small 12V heat tape with a thermostat and on/off switch?

thank you
                                As long as your trailer's battery has a sufficient charge 12vDC should be available regardless of whether you're at a campground or boondocking. (That's why your lights work whether the trailer is plugged in or not--they also run on 12vDC.)

What specific manual are you referencing? The Furrion TWH?
                                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                                X