Leaking kitchen faucet in new 2020 320G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking kitchen faucet in new 2020 320G

We are on our maiden voyage for 2 weeks and the kitchen sink is leaking from the nozzle continuously. It started as a drip and is now a stream...we switched to dry camping and are only turning on the water pump when needed. I have contacted the dealer but they can't get to it until Jan 22 and It's a 4 hour round trip for us. I have taken of the water lines and blown backward through the nozzle hoping to dislodge something caught in the valve but it is still leaking. Does the handle disassemble from the top side? It seems really tight quarters behind the sink to try to take the faucet out entirely? Can I get replacement parts somewhere like Lowe's? The part number is 350231 Kitchen Faucet. Thank you!

susancram

I see this is your first post . . . welcome to our forum!

I don't have specific experience with a 320G, but all the plumbing fixtures used by Grand Design (that I have encountered) are interchangeable with residential parts available at Lowe's or similar. Many of the replacement faucets will come with a plastic long reach tool to get up behind the sink. This tool might work to get the old faucet assembly out although the attachments will likely be hand tightened (particularly since this unit is new) so if you can get your hand in there, you may be able to undo them by hand.

I would suggest choosing a residential faucet (that you like better) and replacing the OE plastic one. This is what we did when our Reflection was nearly new as well. (Many others have done this too). If you decide to go this way, remove the old faucet and take it with you to pick out the new one. The store staff should be able to make sure that you have all the correct parts for installation.

If you are not comfortable taking on this faucet replacement yourself, contact Grand Design Customer Service and ask if they will authorize a mobile RV Service technician to do this for you.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
    X