Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

momentum 23G kitchen sink does not drain to grey tank-drains to outside-help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• momentum 23G kitchen sink does not drain to grey tank-drains to outside-help!

Newbie here. Just got a new 2022 23G and first dry camp noticed that the kitchen sink drains to grey outlet and onto the ground with the grey tank valve CLOSED. Dealer also confused and I will be taking in. So in other words, if I pour water into the kitchen sink, it comes out the grey discharge tube with the grey valve closed. This can't be, can it?

Originally posted by Malter View Post
    Newbie here. Just got a new 2022 23G and first dry camp noticed that the kitchen sink drains to grey outlet and onto the ground with the grey tank valve CLOSED. Dealer also confused and I will be taking in. So in other words, if I pour water into the kitchen sink, it comes out the grey discharge tube with the grey valve closed. This can't be, can it?
    You should have 2 grey tank valves, are you sure that they are both closed?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Even if the handle is pushed in, there are lots of reasons why this may not have closed the gate valve. Does the movement of this handle “feel” the same as others that close their gate valves?

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We have a 2021 21G (same as a 23G but a little shorter). We bought it new 2.5 years ago.

On our first outing, water leaked from the bathroom grey tank dump - even when the valve was closed. When we took it to the dealer with our first set of warrantee claims, they found a melted piece of the tank had broken loose and was preventing the valve from sealing completely.

Just 2 weeks ago (2.5 years after we bought the trailer), we had the same thing with our fresh tank. We were sanitizing the fresh tanks. When we dumped the tanks, closed the valves, filled the tan with more water, one of the valves was leaking. We opened the valve and pulled out a melted piece of the tank (looks kinda like the hair blockage you pull from your sink/tub at home but hard, plastic and white-ish). Once that was pulled we repeated to have the same valve leak again. We empty the tank, reach in and pull out another piece of melted tank.

Long story short....that's probably what it is.
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

OMG there are 2 grey valves, found one in the back behind the wheels. I am sooo embarrassed. Thanks everyone, appreciate it. I can tell by the quick responses that this is a great forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Malter View Post
            OMG there are 2 grey valves, found one in the back behind the wheels. I am sooo embarrassed. Thanks everyone, appreciate it. I can tell by the quick responses that this is a great forum!
            Don’t be embarrassed. If it hadn’t happened to others, nobody would have mentioned it.
            John & Kathy
            2014 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Don't feel bad, on the PDI since most dealers have so many brands and models, it's hard for them to know every one and ensure they show you all the details.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X