Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lubricating Schwinteks and Sync Advice (MyRVWorks Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubricating Schwinteks and Sync Advice (MyRVWorks Video)

Counter to what Lippert will tell you, I've been persuaded to do exactly what Darren advises in this video. (If my memory is correct it was Guest that first championed lubricating the slides on this forum.)

Only thing I'd add to the video below is to clean the shoe track before lubricating it.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

howson Howard, thanks, good advice, despite Lippert's recommendations. I'm sure they are worried about dirt collection. I saw that lube recommended for the same application somewhere a while ago on this forum, so I bought a can.
    Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

The key to lubricating is "DRY" when it's exposed to fine particulates. Wet lubes attract contaminants. I lubricate a lot of things with DRY lube that MFG say not to lubricate.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I recall seeing that lube on a old Lippert (?) video (IIRC). Bought it and have been applying it to the areas shown in that old video. I try and keep the tracks clean and now I'll apply it the tracks. It always seemed (to me anyway) to run smoother after applying the lubricant so I never stopped.

Thanks for verifying my feelings.
        Robert and Chris
        2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
        2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you Howard.

For those interested, CRC with PTFE is the only acceptable lubricant for the slide mechanism. The item that needs lubricant are the Gib, shoe and the steel collars that sits in their aluminum housing. Once lubricated sparingly, you most likely will notice an increase in speed on the slide. To Darren's point, It's wise for engineering to consider what's going on with the techs in the field and to tap into what they are seeing out there. It makes no sense to not lubricate a steel bushing that sits in its aluminum housing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CRC-03045...7c1b&gclsrc=ds

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

First I’ve seen on the shoe track lubing. I do clean mine. Will be doing a clean AND lube before we move next week.
            Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
            TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

This is good to know.

And it takes surprisingly little lube to make slidey things work better/easier.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

With all the issues you can read about on the forums regarding poor manufacturing and installations of the
                Schwintek slides, I would think a little lube on the moving parts would be the least of Grand Design and Lippert's worries.
                2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
                X