Slide out on 2500RL has considerable gap at bottom with trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out on 2500RL has considerable gap at bottom with trim

I have a 2500RL Imagine (2023) with, what I would say, is an annoying cosmetic issue with the slide . I say this because the seal on the slide when it in, is flush all the way down the side of the trailer but the trim attached to the bottom of the slide sticks out about 3 inches. Dealer said this is normal since the slide does seal but it just looks bad. Should that trim not be flush agains the trailer side? Does anyone with a 2500RL see the same issue? See pics

Thanks for any comments,
    Ric
    Last edited by bigrskiman; 01-19-2023, 02:28 PM.

That looks excessive to me.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

That slide needs to be adjusted. Either the dealer can do it (not my first choice) or Lippert has many good tutorial trainings online to teach you how to adjust the slide. If youre at all uncomfortable with working on the trailer I would have the dealer handle it, if youre handy (Red Green said it best) its about an average DIY job. When I made the adjustment on my door side slide on my 337 I found a jack bolt missing on the rear mount.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

bigrskiman -- can you confirm if the slide is a Schwintek or is it a thru-frame slide? (Most likely a thru-frame since it's a '23, but you never know...)

Regardless, I agree the issue appears to be a trim installation issue which is cosmetic. On the slide itself, if the bulb seal is compressed from bottom to top where the slide meets the side of the camper, I'd be hesitant to mess with a slide adjustment to try and fix a cosmetic trim issue.

What does the trim look like on the other side of the slide?

Is there another 2500RL (or any GD trailer with a slide and similar trim attachment) that you can use to compare it to?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It is a Schwintek system. My apologies for not mentioning that. The other side of the slide does not have any trim attached but the seals are equally pinched against the side of the rig as the front of the slide. We have had considerable rain at times and have not had any leaks. I was planning on heading to the dealer and ask them to pull in the slide on at 2500RL to see if it has the same issue. I looked at another Imagine in our storage lot but it was not the same model and it was MUCH closer. I have attached that pic . Thanks for your reply it is much appreciated. .The pic for the trailer (not a 2500RL) that looks to be assembled correctly is posted below.
          Last edited by bigrskiman; 01-19-2023, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Sorry - Here is the pic of the other trailer that appears to be assembled correctly.
            Last edited by bigrskiman; 01-19-2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

bigrskiman -- definitely an issue there. I may be wrong about the slide--there's a definitive difference in the compression of the seals between the two examples provided.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Are you holding the retract button after it makes contact for 3-5 seconds? Also have you checked the top of the slide when open for any form of obstruction like leaves (don't ask how I know about these)?
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have a similar issue on my new to me 2019 Imagine 2970RL. I didn't notice this gap when I drove it off the lot but noticed it when I was getting familiar with the trailer at home. It appears the seal is touching but isn't compressed like a person would expect. It has rained and I don't see any evidence of water in the trailer.

Comment

That's how my 2022 2600RB looks with the through-frame slide. I've checked it over well and can't find any gaps in the seal to wall interface. Seems good and snug. I think it's just cosmetic.
                    2022 Imagine 2600RB
                    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Bridge20

That is pretty typical. Ours is similar on one of the slides.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, makes me feel a bit better

Comment

Working...
                        X