what kind of glue should be used on corner of slide out seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
    Something that I forgot to mention in my previous post that should be obvious, but I use to get paid good money for stating the obvious; what ever you do, do not fill the hollow portion of the bulb with something that would make the bulb less compressable. Best option would be to leave the bulb hollow. Remember that the slide has to be able to compress the bulb evenly when closed to get a tight seal and that any change in compression at the corner(s) could negatively impact the overall seal.
    You are so right, John! Nothing should come in contact with the bulb seal. If the OP's are like mine and the bulb seal (easily) slides off the wiper seal track, I'd suggest moving the bulb seal completely out of the way prior to attempting to join the upper and side wiper seals.

Below is a shot of a side bulb seal slid down the track of the wiper seal. (The track and wiper seal are one assembly on my unit. The new seals have integrated bulb seals that do not slide off.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	bulb seals.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	10728
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I was careful not to get any glue on the bulb. I couldn't find the 401 Loctite Gorilla Blue, but I did find "Loctite super glue ultra gel control". It is for rubber, stays flexible and gives some time to adjust. Looks like it is working. We will see how long it holds up.

thank you everyone for the suggestions.
      Dave
      2016 Reflection 27RL
      2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
      B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

Working...
      X