Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new Momentum 21G purchased..... Huston, we have a problem !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Momentum 21G purchased..... Huston, we have a problem !

First I want to throw a shout out to KYD and Changing Lanes for their YouTube vids about G.D. products. Viewing their videos is how I found out about the G.D. line and fell in love with it.

My husband and I drove 7hours to Oregon to view the 21G a week before Christmas. We put a down payment down and my husband ordered several upgrades. On January 3rd we drove back to Oregon to complete the purchase and drive her back home to Washington, oddly it was the only beautiful day in weeks.

Then we placed her in outside storage near our house and came back a day later to measure something inside for one of my many Amazon purchases. Thank god, because we have a leak in our closed slide, mind you we have never opened the slide, except the day of purchase and viewing. 😣. There are drips, right down the slide rail and onto the floor where the beds faux wood framing is peeling. Went outside checked the seal, looked fine, nothing twisted. And yes a cover is on order. Got an appointment with a dealer, checked on trailer daily and then noticed there was a leak coming from between the frig/stove wall, which is also ruining the faux wood 😡. Drove the trailer to the dealer 15 mins away and opened the front door to find water on the counter behind the stove (possibly coming from the stove vent??). Not related to the water between the frig and wall 🤬

Taking deep breaths, taking deep breaths, trying not to imagine the worst.....has anyone had issues like this before ???

Attached Files

Originally posted by URNEXT View Post
    First I want to throw a shout out to KYD and Changing Lanes for their YouTube vids about G.D. products. Viewing their videos is how I found out about the G.D. line and fell in love with it.

My husband and I drove 7hours to Oregon to view the 21G a week before Christmas. We put a down payment down and my husband ordered several upgrades. On January 3rd we drove back to Oregon to complete the purchase and drive her back home to Washington, oddly it was the only beautiful day in weeks.

Then we placed her in outside storage near our house and came back a day later to measure something inside for one of my many Amazon purchases. Thank god, because we have a leak in our closed slide, mind you we have never opened the slide, except the day of purchase and viewing. 😣. There are drips, right down the slide rail and onto the floor where the beds faux wood framing is peeling. Went outside checked the seal, looked fine, nothing twisted. And yes a cover is on order. Got an appointment with a dealer, checked on trailer daily and then noticed there was a leak coming from between the frig/stove wall, which is also ruining the faux wood 😡. Drove the trailer to the dealer 15 mins away and opened the front door to find water on the counter behind the stove (possibly coming from the stove vent??). Not related to the water between the frig and wall 🤬

Taking deep breaths, taking deep breaths, trying not to imagine the worst.....has anyone had issues like this before ???
    That's very unfortunate--not the typical initial ownership experience. Since you've watched Marc and Trish you are probably well aware of the initial issues they had with their Momentum (refrigerator, front latches, etc) but eventually between their dealer and GD Customer Service everything got ironed out.

With the slide in, can you see that the exterior bulb seals are compressed by the slide flanges?

The "flanges" are the metal trim that stick out from the slide itself. The "bulb seal" looks like a 1/2 moon--there's one on the inside and one on the outside. The inside bulb seals compress when the slide is OUT and the exterior bulb seals compress when the slide is IN.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sorry, got caught up in the weekend. Yes I checked the side and bottom flange area and bulb seals, but the dealer installed a slid topper and I couldn’t see on top. I did check inside on top the slide to see if water was up there, but it was bone dry.
      Last edited by URNEXT; 01-21-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by URNEXT View Post
        Sorry, got caught up in the weekend. Yes I checked the side and bottom flanges, but the dealer installed a slid topper and I couldn’t see on top. I did check inside on top the slide to see if water was up there, but it was bone dry.
        Any chance you can take pictures of the slide topper installation, both with the slide out and in? Several vantage points will help. (That slide topper installation would be the first thing I'd suspect as an issue. I could be completely wrong...)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Fortunately, Grand Design will stand behind it and make it right. If you encounter any problems getting it repaired, please let one of the moderators know, and we can put you in touch with the right people. The moderators are:

Rob (Cate&Rob)
          Howard (Howson)
          Brian (Country Campers)
          Jim (TucsonJim)

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...