Schwintek Slide Wiring Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintek Slide Wiring Protection

I researched this topic and found nothing. This is surprising given the number of blow outs shredding the schwintek slide wiring. So I will be getting to armoring this area later today or tomorrow and was looking for ideas. I have some old RV water hose (white) that I can split and use more clips to put it in place, but wondering if that will work with a tire blowout. Worse case I can unplug the harness form the controller and pull the cable back to this point and thread it through metal tubing, but that would be a pain. Makes me wonder if I should be carrying a spare harness in my "OOP's Kit" of course what harness to get is another question.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1505s.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	111118 Looking up. Driver side forward of front axle. Wire comes down inside wall through the plate, then over and through the frame hole. This used to have a big blob of foam with wire against the edge. I plan to use a chunk of split pool noodle to fill hole with wire offset to the top. Hot how free hanging the wire is. This is just forward of the front tire, so any tire shredding will easily rip this up.

I do not have access to the connection at the motor at the top - well easy access to pull the plug. In looking I can probably extend the slide part way out, but where is the plug hidden? Is it easy to get to? All I see is the black wire running from the top down the side wall and through the floor. If I can get to it I could use metal electrical conduit, but that would probably rust quickly.

Name:	IMG_1504s.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	111119
    Different view of this wiring run. I just noticed I could run the wire forward into the next bay and go through the penetration there. There is a slot on the overhang bracket - just noticed that (or at the end too). Again I would need to get to a plug. I guess with the bottom open I can chase it forward too. Forward means pulling the false wall down as it is mounted to the ceiling above the nautilus panel. If I do that I can change out the plastic check valve on the water heater - just another project on my list

Name:	IMG_1506s.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	111120
    This is the hose I have available to split. Just don't know if it is strong enough. GD used one clip on the original wire install, I would use at least 4 with screws into the armoring plate.

So if anyone has armored thier wring or moved it, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

If the bundle is forward of the front axle, I would think there is little chance it will get damaged by a blowout. Maybe use some surface mount wiring channel and run the cable inside it.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

OK a few more pictures. The wire that goes through the hole go directly inward to about the center of the trailer and then up to behind the false wall through the opening there for utility's. There is not enough slack to run it forward the the next frame opening, but there is enough slack to tuck it up against the side support hanger.

Name:	IMG_1509s.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	111137 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1510s.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	111138
      I think this is actually a drain of some sort, however I found evidence of a mouse nest. Cable in the second photo runs up the interior wall to the slide motor.

Name:	IMG_1507s.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	111139 Can someone please tell me if the motor plug is behind the trim piece and how do I get at it. This is the top of the wall above where the slide cable enters from below. I will need to open the slide 3/4 way to reach - hope that wont mess up the synk when I reconnect. I would like to disconnect so I can run the wire through the hose and not need to split the hose.

Thoughts?

Thanks
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
        If the bundle is forward of the front axle, I would think there is little chance it will get damaged by a blowout. Maybe use some surface mount wiring channel and run the cable inside it.
        DOH! why did I not think of that - your a genius That might work - especially with the minimal slack I have.

Thanks Ted
        Keith

ON edit - somewhere we have one of these

Name:	image.png
Views:	126
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	111142

OR this is at HD and should work too

Name:	image.png
Views:	128
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	111143
        Last edited by Yoda; 04-27-2023, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X