Schwintek repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintek repair

So last summer I brought my 2670 in to get the kitchen slide looked at. It was binding up and required my help to get it in and out. The dealer looked at it and determined that there was a recall on the side tracks and replaced them free of charge. This winter, down south, I started having more issues with binding and making some pretty bad popping sounds. I took the unit in again to the dealer and they determined that one of the floor rollers wasn't rolling and replaced it. It's been about a month now; opening and closing the slide about 10 times; it's definitely a better unit. The motors seem to have better power and the popping noises are gone. All-in-all it seems to be functioning very smoothly now. I just hope that continues. I'm posting this to get the word out that sometimes it's the floor rollers that cause problems and not the Schwintek parts. Does anybody out there know if those floor rollers can be lubricated??? (Jared's recent video on slide rollers prompted me to post).
    Mitchell & Kitty
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2024 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Originally posted by Mitchell & Kitty View Post
    So last summer I brought my 2670 in to get the kitchen slide looked at. It was binding up and required my help to get it in and out. The dealer looked at it and determined that there was a recall on the side tracks and replaced them free of charge. This winter, down south, I started having more issues with binding and making some pretty bad popping sounds. I took the unit in again to the dealer and they determined that one of the floor rollers wasn't rolling and replaced it. It's been about a month now; opening and closing the slide about 10 times; it's definitely a better unit. The motors seem to have better power and the popping noises are gone. All-in-all it seems to be functioning very smoothly now. I just hope that continues. I'm posting this to get the word out that sometimes it's the floor rollers that cause problems and not the Schwintek parts. Does anybody out there know if those floor rollers can be lubricated??? (Jared's recent video on slide rollers prompted me to post).
    No, the rollers should not need any lubrication.

A failing roller, though, will definitely cause issues. Schwintek's are designed to carry their weight on rollers (or a something like a glide bar...name escapes me at the moment). The tracks on the outside guide the unit in and out, they shouldn't be carrying any (significant) weight.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Has anyone had a Schwintek for a long time and never had issues?

USN Engineer Retired
      2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
      2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by markandkim View Post

I would guess know one that wants to provide undue bad luck by saying "yes" to that question, haha.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

markandkim Yeah I'm in the same boat as Brian, I don't want to jinx it but my wardrobe slide is a Schwintek and it's never had an issue.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Got it!
            thanks
            USN Engineer Retired
            2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
            2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Our '21 just started giving us issues. The rear goes out a little slower than the front, and bringing the slide in, it is a lot slower. I have to stop, go back out a little and then go in again 3-4 times to get all the way closed. Are the rollers visible from inside the rig, or under? I'm guessing it isn't an easy fix for a shadetree mechanic?
              Kevin & Margarita
              2021 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins Diesel CC 6'4" Box
              2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Originally posted by K&M Roadies View Post
                Our '21 just started giving us issues. The rear goes out a little slower than the front, and bringing the slide in, it is a lot slower. I have to stop, go back out a little and then go in again 3-4 times to get all the way closed. Are the rollers visible from inside the rig, or under? I'm guessing it isn't an easy fix for a shadetree mechanic?
                You may be able to view the rollers from lifting the flooring that overhangs the inside edge of the slide, or from the outside there is a wiper on the bottom of the slide that you can move to view the rollers.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by markandkim View Post

Yes, going on 10 years this spring/summer for the bedroom slide in 303 Reflection fivers. This said we use our camper just during summer months a few times. Certainly not as many cycles as full timers/others who travel and use frequently. Ours has been free of issues. We have lubricated a couple times according to the LCI processes of a few years ago which seem to have changed in recent years to not lubricate. We also keep our RV clean in and out and store indoors over the winter.

The majority of folks with schwintek slides have had no or few problems particularly following operating and maintenance procedures and avoiding self inflicted challenges. The latter can be more of a challenge for some of we senior members with increasing memory lapses !

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
                  X