Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of the Schwintek Circuit Board on 2019 Grand Design - Reflection - 285BHTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of the Schwintek Circuit Board on 2019 Grand Design - Reflection - 285BHTS?

I've searched far and wide in my RV, the internet, AND the manual and can not find it. Please help.

cauthier72 Unfortunately your unit is one the moderators do not have drawings for, but in the travel trailers they can sometimes be found in the ceiling of the pass through storage, or inside the sink cabinets. I also saw a reference to an owner who found one under the counter of their outside kitchen. Hopefully someone with your model will come along and post with more details, otherwise please post a picture and location when you find it to help others down the road.

Also welcome to the forum, here is a welcome letter with helpful information on the forum!

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks Neil!
      Yeah, it's not in the ceiling of the pass through storage. That was the first place I thought it would be (from watching some Youtube videos). I even looked in both the front and the back walls and couldn't find it. Nothing inside the sink cabinets or under the counter of the outside kitchen. I had two other people help to try to find it, and they coudln't either. Just not sure where in the world it is. Hopefully someone sees this and let's me know.

Comment

Originally posted by cauthier72 View Post
        I've searched far and wide in my RV, the internet, AND the manual and can not find it. Please help.
        I vaguely remember a post of it being behind a panel or drawer in the outdoor kitchen. Might be worth a look.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Looking at your floorplan . . . the controller has to be close to the slide, but not in it. I would vote for the step storage spaces aft of the slide. Is this the right floorplan?

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_GrandDesign_Reflection_285BHTS.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	111516
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

cauthier72
            Every Reflection diagram with a floorplan that's close to your 285 shows the controller aft of the street side pass-thru. Obviously you've already looked there, so the only thing I can suggest is to locate the main controller (should be behind the false wall accessible through the storage area). From the controller are small gray wires that connect the components on the CompassConnect "CANBUS". Follow the gray wire and you'll eventually find all the connected devices.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Looking at your floorplan . . . the controller has to be close to the slide, but not in it. I would vote for the step storage spaces aft of the slide. Is this the right floorplan?

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_GrandDesign_Reflection_285BHTS.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	111516
              Yes, that is the floorplan, but I didn't see the panel in the storage spaces unfortunately.

Comment

Yes, that is the floorplan, but I didn't see the panel in the storage spaces unfortunately.
                Just forward of the steps there's a door that opens into a storage area, right? If you open that door, the "wall" on the aft side is what is called a false wall. It's held up by a series of screws. Behind that wall is the furnace, converter, CompassConnect main board (if equipped) . Did you look back there for the CompassConnect Main Board and attempt to follow the gray bus wires?

Comment

"Just forward of the steps there's a door that opens into a storage area, right?"
                  To be clear, you're talking about the storage area on the floorplan where the blue arrow is titled 'Unobstructed Pass-Thru Storage", right?

The wall that is towards the front, has a plug and a battery disconnect panel. I've popped open the walls on the other side (where the water is) and I also opened the wall opposite of the front. So I haven't tried this wall, but I'm not seeing any wires coming from the top or the bottom of that area. I also don't see any screws to take out the wall. So, that's why I'm wondering that it's the right wall that I'm thinking.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Comment

"Just forward of the steps there's a door that opens into a storage area, right?"
                    To be clear, you're talking about the storage area on the floorplan where the blue arrow is titled 'Unobstructed Pass-Thru Storage", right?

The wall that is towards the front, has a plug and a battery disconnect panel. I've popped open the walls on the other side (where the water is) and I also opened the wall opposite of the front. So I haven't tried this wall, but I'm not seeing any wires coming from the top or the bottom of that area. I also don't see any screws to take out the wall. So, that's why I'm wondering that it's the right wall that I'm thinking.

Hopefully that makes sense.
                    My bad--I thought you had a 5th wheel. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My bad--I thought you had a 5th wheel. Sorry for the confusion.
                      Oh, np. Thanks for giving it a shot though!

Comment

Note to those trying to locate the in wall slide controllers: If you can find the motor end of the wiring there appears to be a number. This number would be the length of the wire. Using a tape, start at the motor and roughly figure out how far from the floor (if the wires go down) to slide interface the controller can be away from the motor. Check both motors as the wires will most likely be different lengths. This will narrow down the search some but not be the smoking gun as to it's location.

Don't forget to look up in any pass through or other areas where the controller may reside, not uncommon for them to be mounted to the underside of an elevated floor (5ers) or other structure in the camper.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X