Hydraulic Slide Out Issue on Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Slide Out Issue on Solitude

Moderators Note: Question split out from separate thread.

Hi Hightyed. My husband and I purchased a gently used 2018 ST375RES last year. The slides have always worked perfectly, until our current trip, when we experienced the same issue you described above. We brought all slides in and were in the process of hooking up to truck, when suddenly the kitchen slide extended out about 12” evenly from side to side. (Prior to it re-extending itself, we noticed the lower edge was still out by apx 3”, when the top was touching.) It extended silently, so we assumed it had not locked itself into the retracted position. We ran it in and out a few times & it corrected itself, so we continued with our trip. Then, at the next stop, it happened again. I was wondering if you found out what caused your problem & what you did to fix it. If anyone else has experienced this issue, then please join in. Thanks!

Note, our unit is hydraulic.
    Last edited by ncitro; 05-02-2023, 03:18 PM.

CLKamesch I moved your post into its own question, the original post you replied to was from three years ago and the member who posted it only ever made that post, and has not been back. Hopefully someone with similar experience will be along to help you out.

In the meantime welcome to the forum! Here is a welcome letter the the moderators have created to help new users get the most out of the forum:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I had a similar experience (Through Wall Hydraulic Slides Moved While Unhitching - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)​). As you'll see in my thread, the slide(s) can be blocked closed until the problem can be corrected, and like me you are likely due for a flush and refill of hydraulic fluid.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X