Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell if Schwintek slide frame is improperly aligned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell if Schwintek slide frame is improperly aligned?

We've had a thumping noise when deploying the bedroom slide since we took delivery. At the time, we were told that the Schwinteks were just noisy. However, just looking at the racks, each rack shows evidence of wear in the all the "s" loops. With the slide partially deployed (and coach level), the forward v-roller spins freely with no resistance while the rear v-roller can not be moved. I'm told that could be the result of improperly shimmed floor rollers. I have a case open with GD, but not a lot of confidence in the tech performing the correct tests and would like to provide them with any documentation I can. Since the slide is assembled by GD (I presume), does GD have any diagnostic guidance to dealers on determining wear points and mis-alignment of slides? My main hydraulic slide is not aligned properly which was a warranty item that the dealer said they fixed but did not. So any documentation I can provide them in advance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
    So any documentation I can provide them in advance would be appreciated.
    John,
    Lippert, the Schwintek OEM, has extensive documentation on their support website. Check out https://support.lci1.com/slide-outs/

The Schwintek is called an In-Wall Slide-Out on Lippert's website. The specific support page for the Schwintek is https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

For those who purchased late 2021 into 2022, there was a run of Schwintek slides that LCI has issued a TSB for replacement of all the components. If the Schwintek slides were manufactured between October 2021 and January 2022 and are of the inverted style, the TSB covers replacement of all components to the standard style. Probably why my slide has been noisy since it falls in the middle of that range. Hopefully will make it run a bit quieter and last longer. I received confirmation from LCI today that mine will be replaced.
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
        For those who purchased late 2021 into 2022, there was a run of Schwintek slides that LCI has issued a TSB for replacement of all the components. If the Schwintek slides were manufactured between October 2021 and January 2022 and are of the inverted style, the TSB covers replacement of all components to the standard style. Probably why my slide has been noisy since it falls in the middle of that range. Hopefully will make it run a bit quieter and last longer. I received confirmation from LCI today that mine will be replaced.
        How did you figure out yours was included in the TSB?
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-sli...r-146-001-2022

I have not yet read it.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
            How did you figure out yours was included in the TSB?
            There is a white sticker with Date of Manufacture on the slide frame. It's not necessarily where they tell you it is. I found mine on the inside of the coach with most of the sticker between the frame and inner/outer wall. Fortunately, I could still see the SN and Date of Manufacture which was Nov 2021. Sent LCI a picture of the sticker and they authorized replacement of the slide system.

Comment

Quick update - dealer parts guy apparently ordered the inverted repair kit (which they already had in stock and knew wasn't the right part number). Call to GD parts in Indiana sort of caught them off guard on this TSB - their the ones that told me they shipped the wrong parts once they read the TSB. Right PN ordered now after some back and forth between dealership and corporate.

Comment

I will say, the units produced before the TSB dates, even a year before, are garbage too!
                2021 Reflection 278BH
                2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

My slide out on my 2021 MLE22 has stopped going in and out- When the t railer came in new in September of 2020, the Schwintek slide out mechanisms had to be replaced- it took almost two months- so that was in late 2020. What is annoying (but not new) I have left 2 messages with Campers Inn service and those have not been returned. There call system is sending ever y call to VM. so you get nothing. The Schwintek support site is not working today and I'll try it again. Anyway,, the slider starts to go out, and in about 2 inches, stops- I have to press the sliber in button 2- 3 times, but I have been able to get it back in. If anyone has ideas, would love to hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by SnelCal View Post
                    My slide out on my 2021 MLE22 has stopped going in and out- When the t railer came in new in September of 2020, the Schwintek slide out mechanisms had to be replaced- it took almost two months- so that was in late 2020. What is annoying (but not new) I have left 2 messages with Campers Inn service and those have not been returned. There call system is sending ever y call to VM. so you get nothing. The Schwintek support site is not working today and I'll try it again. Anyway,, the slider starts to go out, and in about 2 inches, stops- I have to press the sliber in button 2- 3 times, but I have been able to get it back in. If anyone has ideas, would love to hear them.
                    myRVWorks has excellent videos on the slideout. Worth your time to watch IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Jx2xLZu-8
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I watched this video on Friday- went and did the push it out 2" bring it in, hold the button- did it 4 or 5 times and the slider went out all the way and came back in. Did that 3 times (also order the special spray) and said, maybe it's fiexed- yesterday went to push it out so I could finish the MaxxAir fan repair,, you guessed it,, it would not go out more than 2" seems to be binding on the stern. Lippert's site is working today. They all tal about this Swintek control panel. Anyone know where said panel is on a MLE22-it certainly is not anywere obvious. l.

Comment

Originally posted by SnelCal View Post
                        I watched this video on Friday- went and did the push it out 2" bring it in, hold the button- did it 4 or 5 times and the slider went out all the way and came back in. Did that 3 times (also order the special spray) and said, maybe it's fiexed- yesterday went to push it out so I could finish the MaxxAir fan repair,, you guessed it,, it would not go out more than 2" seems to be binding on the stern. Lippert's site is working today. They all tal about this Swintek control panel. Anyone know where said panel is on a MLE22-it certainly is not anywere obvious. l.
                        Most likely the ceiling of the passthru on the street side. In other words, open the passthru door and then look up inside.

Comment

It is the space under the dinette with the water pump. I havve an error code 8. Off to the manual. It is a ground fault.

Comment

Schwintek slide mechanism replaced under TSB to the standard rack system. No thumping and much quieter. Big improvement.

Comment

Working...
                            X