Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“In wall slide” mechanism not going in and out fully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “In wall slide” mechanism not going in and out fully?

I have a 2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE. I have notice a gap between trim on the slide and main wall on the side. It seem excessive when looking at other camper (over and inch. I have done a lot of reading and found that these are limited by motor stall on the “In Wall Slide” systems. Should there be a gap? Should it be flush? I have not noticed any leaking. I also seem to have an over 1” gap between the wall and the countertop on the inside when the slide is out too. Again, no leaking but just seems odd.

will post pictures later today when I get home.

Hi Jeff - Welcome to the forum.

When I bought my first RV with a slide out, I was concerned about gaps between the slide and the wall. It just looks wrong, and it's a little unsightly. BUT - with that said, it may be perfectly acceptable. There is a rubber seal around each slide called a "D" Seal. This is different than the wiper seal that slides along the wall of the slide when it's opening or closing. The "D" seal keeps out the elements when the slide is closed.

The slide is adjusted properly when the "D" seal is partially compressed and prevents water intrusion. If the slide is not touching the seal, then it needs adjustment. Likewise, if the seal is compressed so hard that it's being deformed, the slide needs to be adjusted out.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Mtb2Jeff -- my 315RLTS' bedroom slide also has a gap at the bottom that makes it look out-of-square. I'll compare your pictures to what's on my rig and will be better able to give an idea of whether it's an issue or not.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X