Slide out won’t slide out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out won’t slide out

Our slide out is stuck in the in position. You can hear it try to open but it is not engaging the gears. It sounds like it does when it is maxed out. Anyone got a solution? Is there a way to try to get it to move manually?

Never mind. I finally found the manual and gave it a nudge with the crank and then the electric worked to finish the job. Do they get stuck like that often?

Comment

Originally posted by Gkaspar View Post
      Never mind. I finally found the manual and gave it a nudge with the crank and then the electric worked to finish the job. Do they get stuck like that often?
      I had a friend (297RSTS) that had the exact same problem. Only did it once.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I also have a 297RSTS and it's happened one time to us in 3 years.
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

You might consider giving the gears a shot of oil (10W30) once in a while to keep them lubed. The attached explains how to lube a Lippert slider system.

https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/r...ricant-011523/

If you want to join RV Repair Club, drop me a note. I can forward you one of their special enrollment deals (as low as $3-$5/year).
          Last edited by Running from Gnats; 02-16-2020, 08:37 PM.
          2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
          2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
          Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
          FMCA # 489460

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
            You might consider giving the gears a shot of oil (10W30) once in a while to keep them lubed. The attached explains how to lube a Lippert slider system.

https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/r...ricant-011523/

If you want to join RV Repair Club, drop me a note. I can forward you one of their special enrollment deals (as low as $3-$5/year).
            While not an expert, with what I know at this time I respectfully disagree with the RV Repair Club's recommendation. At the 1:13 mark of the video the presenter states, "Lippert recommends...oil". I'd like to know where he can reference that recommendation. According to the manual for the Lippert Electric Through Frame slideout (page 5):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	12691

When GD technicians are asked (unofficially), the only lubricant they use is CRC. Even that is sprayed on lightly (after a good cleaning of the rails) and any excess lubricant is wiped off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRC.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	12692

Not trying to be argumentative and I hope the way I've worded this conveys that intent.

-Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X