slide out tight at the top and gaps at the bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slide out tight at the top and gaps at the bottom

I have a 320x and the slide out on each side of the camper, (dining and kitchen) the slide out is tight at the top and has a 3/4 inch gap at the bottom. Does any one have any suggestions? Seems like if the slide went out another 3/4 inch everything would be leveled up and tight.

Originally posted by Bob/Kimh View Post
    I have a 320x and the slide out on each side of the camper, (dining and kitchen) the slide out is tight at the top and has a 3/4 inch gap at the bottom. Does any one have any suggestions? Seems like if the slide went out another 3/4 inch everything would be leveled up and tight.
    Welcome to the forum, Bob. I'd never heard of a 320X before so I had to go look it up.

Based on GD's parts website, the slides are hydraulic? I have no personal experience messing with a slide-out, but Lippert's manual is here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001616.pdf

Lippert's customer service line is great. Their number is 574-537-8900. If you call them and get the issue resolved, can you please share the feedback with us so the resolution is documented here?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Bob/Kimh

I am curious to know what you find out from GD as I have the same issue with my curb side slide....I do not have hydraulic slides!
      Keith and Diane
      2014 Reflection 337 RLS
      2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

Id like to know also. New 2020, and the left living room slide is tight at the top, and about 1" off at the bottom. The right hand side of the slide is parallel, but off about 3/4 and barely hitting tge seal. Im assuming it needs adjusting on the bars. Rig is perfectly level via the auto level and my digital level.
        2020 GD 390 RK. 2020 Ford F350.

Comment

Originally posted by RvPete View Post
          Id like to know also. New 2020, and the left living room slide is tight at the top, and about 1" off at the bottom. The right hand side of the slide is parallel, but off about 3/4 and barely hitting tge seal. Im assuming it needs adjusting on the bars. Rig is perfectly level via the auto level and my digital level.
          RVPete--as I stated in an earlier post in this thread, I'm far from an expert on slides but I do have a little bit of first-hand experience dealing with a Grand Design factory technician when I was inquiring about my dinette slide at the National Rally last year. The first thing the tech did upon entering my trailer was run his hand around the outer edge of the slide to feel if the sides were equally compressing the bulb seals. From your description, it sounds like yours is not. That, IMO, is an problem. I suggest contacting your dealer and inquiring about a warranty repair.

If going back to your dealer is not an option, Grand Design *may* authorize an independent repair technician to come to your rig *but* you'll have to pay the fee for the technician to come to your trailer. Grand Design will cover the actual repair cost (if pre-approved) but not the service call fee (that's on your dime).

You can call GD Customer Service at 574-825-9679 on Monday. Have your VIN handy as they will need it.

Another option is to contact GD via this webpage: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...e-and-warranty

Or you can email them directly at customerservice@granddesignrv.com

I suggest including pictures--and don't forget to include your VIN!

If you run into any trouble post back and one of us here will get you in contact with a GD representative. (But try the other routes, first--that's where you'll end up anyway.)

Hope this is helpful.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X