2018 Solitude 344GK Hydraulic Slide Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Solitude 344GK Hydraulic Slide Issue

Good morning GD family, seeking assistance from you. We have a 2018 Solitude 344GK, we have had small issues from day 1 with our slide outs, specifically the LR/Kitchen slides. We have upgraded to the 80 circuit breaker, our tank is full of fluid. We are hooked to shore electric and have full battery capacity. Parked on a fairly level site and have the slides "in" then start to retract the jacks to load onto the truck, the slides extend back to full out. Return the slides to full in, and they slowly push themselves back out. We can duplicate this several times.in different manners. We have had all in place and start out of campground and note the slides slowly extending themselves. Once the slides are in place we have "locked them down" with the hydraulic knobs (adjustment valves in the LP area) and that will work on maintaining one side in but while working with the other side it will not hold. We start by trying to retract both slides and have to progress to one slide at a time and use the hydraulic valves. Still we have the same issue. I do not know where to go from here to make the system function as it should. I have reached out to GD customer service and am patiently awaiting a response from them. Hoping one of you have some tips or answers on how I can best resolve this issue completely.

I was going to suggest the cut out valves located in the LP compartment. See you have already tried that. You may need to talk to Lippert, not sure if you can find help on a Sunday. I thinking some sort of valve leak at the hydraulic actuator at the base of the slide.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help than this. Good luck, someone should jump on and be able to help you.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Duall
    y

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHTYED View Post
      Good morning GD family, seeking assistance from you. We have a 2018 Solitude 344GK, we have had small issues from day 1 with our slide outs, specifically the LR/Kitchen slides. We have upgraded to the 80 circuit breaker, our tank is full of fluid. We are hooked to shore electric and have full battery capacity. Parked on a fairly level site and have the slides "in" then start to retract the jacks to load onto the truck, the slides extend back to full out. Return the slides to full in, and they slowly push themselves back out. We can duplicate this several times.in different manners. We have had all in place and start out of campground and note the slides slowly extending themselves. Once the slides are in place we have "locked them down" with the hydraulic knobs (adjustment valves in the LP area) and that will work on maintaining one side in but while working with the other side it will not hold. We start by trying to retract both slides and have to progress to one slide at a time and use the hydraulic valves. Still we have the same issue. I do not know where to go from here to make the system function as it should. I have reached out to GD customer service and am patiently awaiting a response from them. Hoping one of you have some tips or answers on how I can best resolve this issue completely.
      Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. I moved your post to it's own thread so it doesn't get confused with the 310GK's issue (though it is related).

I'm not an expert on hydraulic slides, so I'll leave the technical response to those with more knowledge than I. Only reference I can help with is Lippert's owner's manual: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001617.pdf
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

HIGHTYED -- as suggested by vonzoog , consider calling Lippert's Customer Service on Monday. They are very helpful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	14443 ​​​​​​​
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X