2930rl-r refrigerator rocks in the slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2930rl-r refrigerator rocks in the slide

I have a 2020 Solitude 2930rl-r and when the kitchen slide is in the refrigerator rocks. You can see the floor beneath the refrigerator rocking. Is this normal?

Originally posted by Rparg57 View Post
    I have a 2020 Solitude 2930rl-r and when the kitchen slide is in the refrigerator rocks. You can see the floor beneath the refrigerator rocking. Is this normal?
    I'll hazard a guess and say, "Negative, Ghostrider!" Time to schedule an appointment with your dealer to get that repaired.

You may want to also call Grand Design Customer Service and get the issue documented. They'll need your VIN, as this helps not only identify your specific trailer but it allows GD to identify trends should they get a number of similar complaints.

574-825-9679

Edit: Rob's answer (below) makes sense...I didn't think it through.
    Last edited by howson; 03-20-2020, 09:26 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When the slide is out, the floor of the slide is supported by the outside frame and by the inside frame against the wall of the RV. When the slide is in, the inside frame is not supported by anything. If your "residential" fridge is sitting only on the slide floor, it would not surprise me that it rocks on the unsupported slide floor. This is probably a "new learning" for the transition to residential fridges. RV propane/electric fridges fasten to the surrounding slide cabinetry, top and bottom which would prevent this visible rocking.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I replaced my RV fridge with a residential, so take my experience with a grain of salt as my rig was not designed for a residential in the first place. My refrigerator is located at the extreme end of my slide, and I found when the slide was out everything was fine, but when in it rocked quite a bit. I figured the same thing Rob explained, so I insert a piece of plywood under the fridge when I bring the slide in, and remove it when we get to our stop before I push it out. I think it is maybe 1/2" and is a piece that is probably 3'x18"? It takes all of the rock out, and we drove 10,000 miles last year with it with no problems.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

My dealer finally fixed the problem. The installed 3 inch screws up from the bottom of the slide into the slide wall. They did the same thing on my livingroom slide.

Comment

Working...
          X