Schwintek Slide Straining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Here is a link to the LCI site with ALL videos on the Schwintek in-wall slide out.

https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

Howard when inquiring with LCI please refer to lubricating the bearing block, coupler and Gib. The LCI video actually only states to lube the coupler and gib, but when doing this the bearing block will also become lubricated.

Jim
    Correct. The Gib is what needs lubricated occasionally on a motorized unit. This is because it gets squeaky when it is bouncing down the road, right behind the driver side seat

Comment

Thank you GDRV-Emily!
      RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK-R
      TV: 2020 GMC 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by swmurray View Post
        Thank you GDRV-Emily!
        Note she said motorized unit, meaning a Class A, B or C RV.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I will continue to lubricate the Gib, bearing block, coupler and V roller on my unit because the noticeable increase in speed is the result of reduced friction. Its nice that no issues or damage can occur from doing this and we have approval to do so. Be it squeaking or otherwise

Thank you Emily.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
            I will continue to lubricate the Gib, bearing block, coupler and V roller on my unit because the noticeable increase in speed is the result of reduced friction. Its nice that no issues or damage can occur from doing this and we have approval to do so. Be it squeaking or otherwise

Thank you Emily.

Jim
            Guest That is perfectly fine. I would just make sure you use something that is Teflon based or dry. I personally like the CRC in the green can with PTFE. I use it at home too. It has a minty scent too... so it does not smell like chemical once sprayed

Happy Camping and please be safe everyone!

Comment

OK, a bit more information. The trailer is a 2017 Imagine 2650 w/ 2 Schwintek slides, and yes it's the long slide with the fridge and couch giving me the issue. The couch storage is empty except for the grandkids' paddling life jackets & paddles. I have a panel voltmeter installed at the convenience center and on shore power it reads 13.1 volts when the slide is moving. On battery power the voltage falls off severely but that's another issue I have to troubleshoot. The slide has adequate voltage on shore power from the converter. The tracks look good, no wear or shavings on any of them. I'll have to check the rollers with the slide moving to see if they're seized or not. And yes, I have a can of the CRC dry lube.
              The weather here hasn't been great so I'm waiting until this weekend to continue troubleshooting this. The next step will be to take voltage measurements at the slide controller.

So speaking of the controller, I know there's one behind a panel under the kitchen sink. Does anybody know if this is a dual controller for both slides, or is there another controller hidden somewhere?

Thanks
              2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Originally posted by mbopp View Post
                OK, a bit more information. The trailer is a 2017 Imagine 2650 w/ 2 Schwintek slides, and yes it's the long slide with the fridge and couch giving me the issue. The couch storage is empty except for the grandkids' paddling life jackets & paddles. I have a panel voltmeter installed at the convenience center and on shore power it reads 13.1 volts when the slide is moving. On battery power the voltage falls off severely but that's another issue I have to troubleshoot. The slide has adequate voltage on shore power from the converter. The tracks look good, no wear or shavings on any of them. I'll have to check the rollers with the slide moving to see if they're seized or not. And yes, I have a can of the CRC dry lube.
                The weather here hasn't been great so I'm waiting until this weekend to continue troubleshooting this. The next step will be to take voltage measurements at the slide controller.

So speaking of the controller, I know there's one behind a panel under the kitchen sink. Does anybody know if this is a dual controller for both slides, or is there another controller hidden somewhere?

Thanks
                GDRV-Megan -- where are the slide controller(s) located in the '17 2650RK? (This is one of the units where the moderators don't have any info.)
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
                  Any LCI system runs completely on battery and does NOT take in to consideration shore power.
                  Hi Emily,

I would have a different opinion on this, similar to what Brian Country Campers described in post 17.
                  Shore power provides a significant boost to battery power through the converter. I always try to bring in my slides before disconnecting shore power. Both under floor and Schwintek slides operate more quickly and smoothly with the voltage boost from the converter, than they do on battery power alone.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Emily,

I would have a different opinion on this, similar to what Brian Country Campers described in post 17.
                    Shore power provides a significant boost to battery power through the converter. I always try to bring in my slides before disconnecting shore power. Both under floor and Schwintek slides operate more quickly and smoothly with the voltage boost from the converter, than they do on battery power alone.

Rob
                    From my work at LCI, and from even testing it in trainings.... they do not advise to rely on shore power. It can definitely help.... BUT, if the battery is not able to hold strong 12v, it will not continue to work and can cause it to run slower than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by mbopp View Post

Thanks
                      we will get back to you on location of other controller asap. I am concerned that the battery voltage is dropping when operating the slide as this is what LCI tells people is something that needs to be checked when having slide troubles. Is this the original battery you purchased the unit with?

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post

From my work at LCI, and from even testing it in trainings.... they do not advise to rely on shore power. It can definitely help.... BUT, if the battery is not able to hold strong 12v, it will not continue to work and can cause it to run slower than normal.
                        Agreed that the converter alone on shore power does not have the amperage required to operate a slide. My observation is that converter and battery together is better than battery alone . . . but then again . . . maybe I need a bigger battery .

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Agreed that the converter alone on shore power does not have the amperage required to operate a slide. My observation is that converter and battery together is better than battery alone . . . but then again . . . maybe I need a bigger battery .

Rob
                          FYI.... you are correct that the shore power will give the system a good "boost" if your battery is strong and you have a good battery. SO technically still correct in that statement. My concern is with what he posted about how his battery dropped significantly when he unplugged. This tells me the 12v power is not good to start with.

mbopp Have you checked behind the bathroom cabinet for a controller? There may be a false wall there that can be removed to reveal the other controller

Comment

Folks - there is a good chance that for a 2017 Imagine (likely built in 2016....Emily can find out) the battery is 4 years old already. it would be interesting to see the battery manufacturer date......may surprise us how old it may be.

If it has occurrences of being run down too much and/or too often, the battery is probably toast trusting if most likely a traditional wet cell battery.

Dan
                            Dan & Carol
                            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                              Folks - there is a good chance that for a 2017 Imagine (likely built in 2016....Emily can find out) the battery is 4 years old already. it would be interesting to see the battery manufacturer date......may surprise us how old it may be.

If it has occurrences of being run down too much and/or too often, the battery is probably toast trusting if most likely a traditional wet cell battery.

Dan
                              Dan,

My Imagine is a 2017 and while the battery is still good, the slide is much slower on RV battery alone. You may have something here on the aged battery, since 4 years is about as good as it gets on these batteries. I operate the slide while pugged into the pedestal as Brian stated, in order to get a boost on the battery. If boondocking, I operate the slide while pugged into the trailer connector on the truck. Both of these methods results in faster operation of the slide.

This results in higher voltage at the motors with reduced current and heating of the motors.

These motors are very expensive when purchasing from dealers. Not too bad from Amazon where to have a spare would not be a bad idea.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=schwintek..._sb_ss_fb_1_16

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Megan -- where are the slide controller(s) located in the '17 2650RK? (This is one of the units where the moderators don't have any info.)
                                Try looking in the following locations:
                                • under the sink in the bathroom
                                • in the drawers under the closet in the bedroom
                                • along the back wall behind the drawers

Let me know if it's not in any of these locations. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X