• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Try looking in the following locations:
    • under the sink in the bathroom
    • in the drawers under the closet in the bedroom
    • along the back wall behind the drawers

Let me know if it's not in any of these locations. Thanks!
    mbopp -- see Megan's response in post 45 above.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Try looking in the following locations:
      • under the sink in the bathroom
      • in the drawers under the closet in the bedroom
      • along the back wall behind the drawers

Let me know if it's not in any of these locations. Thanks!
      Is there one controller for both slides or is there a unique controller for each slide?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Extremely unlikely a single controller would be designed to operate more than one slide. If a controller failure would occur, the owner would have multiple slide issues.

Also two separate controller designs would add cost.

Jim
        Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I've made too many assumptions lately, so since I don't know--I ask.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post

we will get back to you on location of other controller asap. I am concerned that the battery voltage is dropping when operating the slide as this is what LCI tells people is something that needs to be checked when having slide troubles. Is this the original battery you purchased the unit with?
            Emily, thanks for responding to this. No, I have dual 6V golf cart batteries that are a year old.

The slide controller is not behind the wall in the bathroom under the sink, I already removed it and boxed in the heat duct for more storage. I'll be pulling the converter to troubleshoot the battery drop but I don't recall seeing a controller there, only the furnace.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Removed the cover from the Imagine, connected the battery and charged it to capacity. When I attempted to extend the slide the left motor (looking inside at the slide) was not functioning at all. Thinking "here we go again" I removed the panel and noticed a code that designated a faulty hall signal on the left motor. I used the override (with caution) and the motor powered up. I lubed the slide gib, bearing blocks and the slide now works perfectly. Not a confidence builder where I will need to pull the coroplast and look over the wiring and connectors.

Jim

Comment

After watching the video a few years back I also started doing the lubrication as shown a couple of times a year. I could not find the CRC back then even so used this instead. I had asked one of the LCI reps at the rally and he said as long as it is a dry lube, it is ok to use. BTW on the 303 I can do the lubrication when slide is in from the bedroom and bath. Hopefully, I have not damaged anything by following the advice on that video.

https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/

Vivian
                2018 Reflection 303rls
                Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                Demco Recon

Comment

17 Feb 2021 update: Please see post #65 for an update to this post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...3178#post43178

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest -- I'm a convert. (Fancy way I saying "I was wrong".)

Based on what I've seen in the My RV Works video Components of a Lippert In-Wall (Schwintech) RV Slide Out H-Column (linked below), I now agree the slide should be lubricated. The lubrication topic is definitely one that when the opportunity arises I'll engage LCI (again) on why they don't have a lubrication recommendation schedule in the owners manual.

Howard

P.S. Note the author of the video is a for-profit business that is not in any way, shape, or form associated with GD, LCI, or your humble moderator.
                  Last edited by howson; 02-17-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

howson Howard,

You were not wrong where we were getting our information from conflicting sources from Lippert. It would be good to touch base with them. Thank you so much for the most informative video I've seen where a full breakdown of all the components is extremely helpful. I was not aware of the plastic sacrificial part.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Based on what I've seen in the My RV Works video Components of a Lippert In-Wall (Schwintech) RV Slide Out H-Column (linked below), I now agree the slide should be lubricated. The lubrication topic is definitely one that when the opportunity arises I'll engage LCI (again) on why they don't have a lubrication recommendation schedule in the owners manual.

Howard

P.S. Note the author of the video is a for-profit business that is not in any way, shape, or form associated with GD, LCI, or your humble moderator.
                      It sure looks like it's common sense to lube. Question now is which CRC lube to use. The Power Lube with PTFE or the Dry PTFE Lube? Both cans are green and I didn't hear him mention which one in the video.

2020 Reflection 273MK
                      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

It sure looks like it's common sense to lube. Question now is which CRC lube to use. The Power Lube with PTFE or the Dry PTFE Lube? Both cans are green and I didn't hear him mention which one in the video.
                        The can he is holding is the liquid (3045). The dry (3044) states that on the label.

On the LCI video on lubrication they use the same liquid.
                        Last edited by Capt Bob; 11-02-2020, 01:09 PM.
                        Robert and Chris
                        2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                        2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Howard

Did anyone else hear him say there are two opposing D bulb seals on the left and right, inside and out that come together when the slide is opened and closed? This makes it sound like they are now including the upgrade that Yoda recently did here.
                          2019 Imagine 2400BH
                          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Did anyone else hear him say there are two opposing D bulb seals on the left and right, inside and out that come together when the slide is opened and closed? This makes it sound like they are now including the upgrade that Yoda recently did here.
                            To my knowledge every slide has two sets of D, or bulb, seals. One seals when the slide is in and the other one seals when the slide is out.

For those who may not understand this conversation, below is a drawing I put together (from another post long ago) to try and explain how the seals operate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal Drawing.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	33686

Comment

To my knowledge every slide has two sets of D, or bulb, seals. One seals when the slide is in and the other one seals when the slide is out.

For those who may not understand this conversation, below is a drawing I put together (from another post long ago) to try and explain how the seals operate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal Drawing.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	33686
                              That was my understanding too. I watched the video again and at about 3:30 he starts talking about dual D seals that mesh together, on the outside and inside, maybe that's something new? Or old?
                              2019 Imagine 2400BH
                              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

That was my understanding too. I watched the video again and at about 3:30 he starts talking about dual D seals that mesh together, on the outside and inside, maybe that's something new? Or old?
                                He may have misspoke. Happens all the time in videos.

Comment

Working...
                                X