Slide Bulb Seal "Chewed Up"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Moe, I would recommend reaching out to your dealer. These items are listed as a "dealer pick up", so that means that your dealer has decided to pick the items up from us instead of us shipping them. The parts are showing as all here and ready for pick up.
    Thank You so much Megan...that info is very helpful. I will be on the phone with them first opportunity.

Moe
    Moe & Donna
    2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
      I purchased a 2020 Imagine 2450RL in March of this year, and noticed that the a/m problem exists with my dinette slide as well. I pointed it out to the dealership during my PDI. The bulb seal on both sides of the slide are "chewed" up near the bottom of the seal directly adjacent to the slide tracks. One can easily observe the slide track rubbing against the bulb seal. The dealership indicated that the bulb seal was installed incorrectly and have ordered new seals under warranty... I have been waiting nearly 2 months for these seals to come in...no sign of them. I hope this isn't going to be a recurring problem! I am already doubting that my purchase was a good one... not a good feeling considering I haven't taken delivery yet. Moe
      Moe,

You've got me concerned a bit about my bubble seals on my bedroom slide, the Schwintek slide. Upon delivery of our 2021 337RLS I heard the "chewing" sound of the gaskets but thought that was necessary for the gasket to become seated properly against the Schwintek slide rail. After a few slides in and out the sound went away and the gaskets were fully seated. I did have one gasket tear (see the picture) and plan to have the dealership replace this gasket when I go in for my warranty work which is scheduled in July.

Obviously the torn gasket has to be replaced to prevent water intrusion but is the chewed/seated gasket approach correct or were my gaskets installed incorrectly?

Santa61 Click image for larger version

Name:	7A021DD4-0471-4728-B766-5DEE17D49559.jpeg
Views:	429
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	22583Click image for larger version

Name:	B3DADAC2-E316-4822-B83F-FD9D2F4D0128.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	22584
      Keith and Tina
      2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
      2014 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins Crew Cab SWD SB 4X4
      Hitch Curt 20k Fixed Mount

Comment

Originally posted by Santa61 View Post

Moe,

You've got me concerned a bit about my bubble seals on my bedroom slide, the Schwintek slide. Upon delivery of our 2021 337RLS I heard the "chewing" sound of the gaskets but thought that was necessary for the gasket to become seated properly against the Schwintek slide rail. After a few slides in and out the sound went away and the gaskets were fully seated. I did have one gasket tear (see the picture) and plan to have the dealership replace this gasket when I go in for my warranty work which is scheduled in July.

Obviously the torn gasket has to be replaced to prevent water intrusion but is the chewed/seated gasket approach correct or were my gaskets installed incorrectly?

Santa61 Click image for larger version

Name:	7A021DD4-0471-4728-B766-5DEE17D49559.jpeg
Views:	429
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	22583Click image for larger version

Name:	B3DADAC2-E316-4822-B83F-FD9D2F4D0128.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	22584
        Hello Keith and Tina. Based on my conversation with my dealership, apparently some bulb seals were installed incorrectly. Hopefully second install is the charm Sorry it took so long to get back to you...I was off the grid
        Moe & Donna
        2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Working...
        X