Slideout Concern with 2020 28MKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slideout Concern with 2020 28MKS

We purchased a 2020 28MKS in March 2020 and due to the virus have not been able to take her out on her maiden voyage yet. We have been packing our essentials in the camper and trying to make sure that everything is in working order. Most of the time we have had the slide in the out position when working inside. However, yesterday I had to place a couple of things I needed to place in the kitchen area with the slide in. I happened to look down and noticed that the area under the dinette bench nearest the refrigerator was sticking up about 2-2 1/2 inches off the floor. The rest of the slide carpet is laying on the floor like it should. I took several pictures that I have attached so you can see what I'm talking about. Has anyone else had this problem and any thoughts on what is going on? Thanks in advance for any input.

rfhall

If you fold back the travelling carpet edge, you should be able to see the tapered wood floor of the slide. Is this edge still parallel and the same distance from the floor that it travels over? If so, this is a "bunching up" of the carpet to be sorted out. If the slide floor is not parallel to the main door . . . there is something else going on. If you look under the slide, is their anything caught in this space at the lifted end?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      rfhall

If you fold back the travelling carpet edge, you should be able to see the tapered wood floor of the slide. Is this edge still parallel and the same distance from the floor that it travels over? If so, this is a "bunching up" of the carpet to be sorted out. If the slide floor is not parallel to the main door . . . there is something else going on. If you look under the slide, is their anything caught in this space at the lifted end?

Rob
      We will check to make sure it's the same distance. Hubby looked and didn't see anything caught in the space lifted up but when he checks the distance I will have him double check that nothing is there.

Comment

Working...
      X