Slideout Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slideout Failure

During preparations to go on a five day outing, my wife attempted to extend the kitchen slide out on our 2670MK and it failed to operate. I tried it myself and only got the high-pitched hum, then nothing. Battery disconnect is hooked up, dual batteries are charged, fuses are good... anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?

First, I'll need to figure out what type of slide out we're dealing with. Do you know if it's a Lippert through frame slide, or a Schwintek version. On the through frame slide, the motor and push bars are located under the slide out. On the Schwintek, you'll see a gear track on both sides of the slide out (on the fiberglass).

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by SARG950 View Post
      During preparations to go on a five day outing, my wife attempted to extend the kitchen slide out on our 2670MK and it failed to operate. I tried it myself and only got the high-pitched hum, then nothing. Battery disconnect is hooked up, dual batteries are charged, fuses are good... anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?
      TucsonJim --looks like a Schwintek by the pictures I found online. Note the telltale "racetracks" on the side of the kitchen slide. To the OP--here's a link to video by the OEM (Lippert) on how to manually override the slide mechanism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGL4aILZYcY

Here's a troubleshooting guide on the Schwintek from Grand Design's website: https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...ting-Guide.pdf

Good luck and please let us know what fixes your issue.

-Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	2670MK.JPG
Views:	645
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1962
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X