Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwintek in wall slide drain? Where are they and how to maintain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintek in wall slide drain? Where are they and how to maintain?

OK I am stumped, I have been doing research on where and or if the slide drain is plugged allowing water to get on slide floor. While I see no evidence (water stains on floor) I am getting the vinyl pealing on the lower cabinet members (previously posted). Just doing due diligence of trouble shooting.

Anyway I have run across mention of a drainage cup, etc in various documents, but no diagrams/pictures of where they are or what they look like. I don't see any cups or tubes when poking around behind the seals or under the slide. Can folks help me with what to look for.

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Keith.

I've not seen any dedicated drains on my rig. Just the inside and outside bulb seals and rubber flip seals or whatever they are called.

Jim

Comment

I believe Rob Cate&Rob has shared pictures on this or the other forum sometime ago. I do not recall if they were from his 303 or not. I have them but I do not have any pictures to share. Pretty much have pictures of everything else but missed these. Will get some for future needs in the coming weeks when we get our camper out of storage.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Yoda
        Hi Keith

At the bottom of the side bulb seals there should be be a harder rubber drain cup (the wider black piece in the picture) inserted from the inside and containing a drain cup that goes under the vertical Schwintek drive rods and is sloped down towards the outside. There is a small drain hole in this cup, but it can easily get plugged. You should be able to find this drain cut from the outside by pulling back the very bottom of the outside bulb seal. I will try to get a better picture . . . but, it is raining right now . . .

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2304.jpg
Views:	1012
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	19897
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          Yoda
          Hi Keith

At the bottom of the side bulb seals there should be be a harder rubber drain cup (the wider black piece in the picture) inserted from the inside and containing a drain cup that goes under the vertical Schwintek drive rods and is sloped down towards the outside. There is a small drain hole in this cup, but it can easily get plugged. You should be able to find this drain cut from the outside by pulling back the very bottom of the outside bulb seal. I will try to get a better picture . . . but, it is raining right now . . .

Rob

Thanks Rob
          Now I know what I am looking for
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob,

I learned something new today. While my Imagine has no rubber cup or anything like Yoda's coach (maybe because its off the floor) it does have a small condensation pan at the bottom of each side of the slide at the floor.

Thank you,

Jim

Comment

Yoda
              Hi Keith

Rob
              Hey Cate&Rob and Guest
              Is the drain cup the item at the bottom of this photo, right in-line with the interior bulb seal, and covered in dust ? Thanks!
              2019 Imagine 2400BH
              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Hey Cate&Rob and Guest
                Is the drain cup the item at the bottom of this photo, right in-line with the interior bulb seal, and covered in dust ? Thanks!
                Yes this is what I have. The way my Imagine is laid out I had to get down on the floor and look under the trim to see it.

I'll keep an eye on this.....as always, good information.

Jim

Comment

Yoda
                  Hi Keith

Rob

Hey Rob, and crew. I know this post is slightly older, but while driving home today through some heavier rain, we got some dampness on the carpet near these drain cups, along with a couple splash marks on the wall above the cups. Looking closely at these cups, they obviously drain outside since I can see some daylight at the bottom of the interior bulb seal, and this gap is probably where the water splashed in. Is this normal to have a slight gap there, and should I be concerned about water splashing in? I don't recall this happening other times driving in rain, but it was raining fairly hard. Thanks!
                  2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

StephenO
                    With the slide in for travel, the bulb seals should seal the perimeter all the way around. The drain cups are for water that can migrate down the drive mechanisms when the slide is out. Travelling in heavy rain can create high pressure spray from any direction. Are the bulb seals compressed all around the slide when it is in?

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

StephenO
                      With the slide in for travel, the bulb seals should seal the perimeter all the way around. The drain cups are for water that can migrate down the drive mechanisms when the slide is out. Travelling in heavy rain can create high pressure spray from any direction. Are the bulb seals compressed all around the slide when it is in?

Rob
                      Cate&Rob Yes, from what I saw the exterior bulb seals are all compressed, but I will double check next weekend when we are out. Like I said, I just assumed that the water came in through the holes I can see around the drain cups, since one cup is directly behind the wheels.
                      2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

StephenO

Your slide that you are questioning about is mounted close to the floor. The slide in the picture is above the floor. The "floor" mounted slides have a wiper on the bottom that keeps the bottom of the slide clean and also seals the bottom. If you are seeing daylight you will need to fix that. Also check the bottom wiper seal when out and in to make sure it is sealing properly.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                        X