Schwintec slide out leaks when closed Momentum 395m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintec slide out leaks when closed Momentum 395m

Has anyone had anyone had problems with water intrusion on there Schwintec slide? I noticed water on the floor under the slide when retuning from a camping trip and chalked it to water on top of slide even though I thought I retracted before the rain started. A couple weeks later went camping and on the return left the camper outside with all slides closed. Had a good rain the following day and the next day went inside and noticed water again on the floor. So I got my wife to go inside while a got the water hose out and sprayed that area, that's when she saw water coming from around the bottom tracks. It has never leaked with the slide open. The slide is tighter at the top and when checked the bottom, the flange and weatherstrip on the bottom has about an eighth of inch gap . I extended the slide and measured top and bottom and only a difference less that an quarter inch. Not sure what could be done. I know now that the first time I noticed water, I was driving in the rain.

Originally posted by Triplethreat
    I have a 394 (same as yours except no 1/2 bath in the garage area) and I read somewhere about rain water following the slide gear tracks back to the inside of the camper. I'm talking about the tracks/rails that have the "teeth" or grooves on them that the motors engage to operate the slide. The solution that was suggested, and I did this, was to use some silicone sealant and put a little on the top of those gear tracks at the end of the track that is closest to the the trailer.....in effect, "building a little dam" to keep the water from flowing/following the the track back to the inside. I've never had an issue with water intrusion in that area.
    Just went out and checked my slide rails. Just like Triplethreat said, there is a plug near the outboard end of each rail. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200625 Schwintec Rail Seal.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	22556
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
    X