Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Trim Tearing Bulb Seal

Hey Everyone

Just wondering, has anyone run into the outside trim on the slide wall having sharp spots that are tearing the slide bulb seals and have some suggestions on how to prevent it? I didn't grab of photo of mine unfortunately, but it looks like there are just some rough spots on the back side of the exterior metal trim that push against the bulb seal when the slide is closed, causing some tearing. My thought was to maybe take a metal file it I can to just knock those spots down, and maybe cover them in some externabond roof tape just to provide some padding. What are your thoughts?

Just FYI, and I only say it because I've seen lots of posts about this lately, but this is not the Schwintek rail that is tearing the seal. However, sadly I did experience that, and that needed my dealer to position the seals slightly outward on the sides to help prevent that from happening. I do say 'help prevent' since I've noticed that even though the seals were moved out a bit, I do think in my case that since the seals spend most of their time compressed with the slide closed, when I go to open the slide, they do take a second to spring back and while that happens the rail probably still brushes the seals slightly.

Thanks!
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Over the years, I've had bulb seals showing wear and tear when screws hit on them.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X