Location of Slide Controllers on 2016 Solitude 375RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Slide Controllers on 2016 Solitude 375RE

Where can I find the two slide controllers for the rear Schwintek slides on a 2016 375RE? The only one I can find is for the front bedroom slide. It is my understanding that each slide as a separate control module.
    I'm trying to troubleshoot why one motor on a slide keeps stopping, while the other continues...allows the slide to get out of sync and jams.

Good Morning SmithTJ. Welcome to the tech forum.

I've got a call into a friend with a '15 375 and as soon as I hear from him I'll let you know what I find out.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Okay, I heard back from him.

On the 2015 and early 2016 units, the slide controllers are behind the fireplace. To access them, you remove the fireplace trim and then the four screws that hold it in place. Several owners recommended that the controllers be moved from that location. So sometime in the 2016 model year, they moved the controllers to the peninsula. They are behind one of the drawers. Remove the drawer to access them.

If you still can't find them, let me know.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Thanks Jim,
        I had already looked in the peninsula, so I'll check the fireplace next.

Tim

Comment

Update: Found both slide controllers behind the fireplace (really dumb place to mount control modules that may require access to troubleshoot or manually override, however there weren't any error codes on control modules. I removed the slide motor again and looked closer to find 3 of the 6 pins in the pigtail would lift with slight pressure. Had a friend carefully de-solder the pins from the motor board and found they were in fact not making contact. Appears the loose wires were for the speed sensors on the control module. Soldered wires directly to board on top of motor and now working like new. So, point here is the control module will only indicate a issue if the power or ground wires have a problem, not if the sensor leads are loose.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the follow up. That's the first I've heard of that particular problem, so I'll had to add that to my list of things to check.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Working...
            X