Slide Out Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Out Issues

We have a 2014 Solitude 36RL and removed the dual recliner yesterday to prepare to put new chairs in the living room. There is currently nothing in the space (which is one of the two living room slideouts), and the new chairs will be substantially lighter than the recliners were. We attempted to pull in the slide yesterday and the bottom portion went in, but the top did not move, and the more I pressed retract, the more tilted the top became as the bottom was moving in. Consequently we went to slide it back out, and my husband had to stand in the section where the recliners were to get it to slide back out. The question is, what would be happening to cause the top to not go back in and be at a severe angle when the bottom we completely in? Is it because there is no weight there or is there something else wrong (i.e. hydrolics, or a tension setting, etc.)? Thank you!

Originally posted by bstamp1 View Post
    We have a 2014 Solitude 36RL and removed the dual recliner yesterday to prepare to put new chairs in the living room. There is currently nothing in the space (which is one of the two living room slideouts), and the new chairs will be substantially lighter than the recliners were. We attempted to pull in the slide yesterday and the bottom portion went in, but the top did not move, and the more I pressed retract, the more tilted the top became as the bottom was moving in. Consequently we went to slide it back out, and my husband had to stand in the section where the recliners were to get it to slide back out. The question is, what would be happening to cause the top to not go back in and be at a severe angle when the bottom we completely in? Is it because there is no weight there or is there something else wrong (i.e. hydrolics, or a tension setting, etc.)? Thank you!
    I wood be surprised if it’sa weight issue, the slide outs come in many different interior configurations so the weight on all would vary. I know I’ve had everything out of mine and had no issue. Is it s Schwintek slide or hydraulic?

Jimmy beat me to it, scratch what I said.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Good morning, and welcome to the technical forum.

It is quite possible that removing weight from the slide out caused it to shift in position and bind at the top. An adjustment of the slide mechanism on the outside might very well take care of this issue.
      See page 45 of the attached document on how to adjust slide outs vertically and horizontally.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...0001573-10.pdf

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by bstamp1 View Post
        Welcome to the Technical Forum, bstamp1 . I've moved your post to the "Slide-Outs" channel. Feel free to return to the Newcomer's section to introduce yourself, and visit the Forum Use section to learn how to set up your signature, and post photos, etc. Then you can show us how those new chairs look!

Andi

Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
        X