Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 303rls kitchen slide denting-tearing flooring.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Superduty View Post

    wyglemen,
    My 18, 303. The first things they did when my floor tore, was to remove those 3 plastic sliders (I forgot about these). They also trimmed the wood facing to be even with the floor board bottom (Still orginal floor board at this point.)
    Currently, both ends of the slide when coming in, at the last 4" from being fully in, the side dives right down the the floor. So this is why, I use boards in these area.
    The next repair will be a thicker 1" floor board, rw/ecessed rollers. How many rollers, ???? Or at least, this is what the plan is.
    I will update once completed. Schedule is 6/4 to start the repair. And a Thanks to GD for staying in touch and doing the repaIR.
    Steve,

    My 2018 303 rls will be at GD headquarters on June 8th so yours is going in first. Lippert will be working on suspension on the 5th, should be an exciting time in Indiana 😞

    From what I learned from speaking with GD rep is that the slide is removed and turned faced up to replace the floor and add the sliders. I would not trust a dealer to do this only at factory would I even consider getting this fixed.

    Vivian
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

      Steve,

      My 2018 303 rls will be at GD headquarters on June 8th so yours is going in first. Lippert will be working on suspension on the 5th, should be an exciting time in Indiana 😞

      From what I learned from speaking with GD rep is that the slide is removed and turned faced up to replace the floor and add the sliders. I would not trust a dealer to do this only at factory would I even consider getting this fixed.

      Vivian
      Vivian,
      Hi. I changed my date from Sept to early June as the Covid-19 has stopped alot of camping up to this point.
      I will post once completed, with the details, pictures.

      Yes, pull the slide completed out, and change the floor board. Don't for get to empty the drawers, etc in the slide.

      I agree on dealers handling this for the most part, but I also feel there are some that would be able to handle this type of repair. I do feel better with the factory though.

      That reminds me on Lippert. I want to have them add the V Brackets while at GD in my suspension. Guess I need to get working on this.
      Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2013 Ford F250, CCSB 6.7 Diesel, 4x2

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by wygieman View Post

        Is it correct that your model has 3 rollers on the slide like the 3 plastic sliders in the 2018? I thought I read somewhere that in the fix they are putting 5 rollers on the floor and another 4 rollers on the slide. Is that correct? One of the problems using the slide slickers is that the sag is getting so bad that the end of the slicker doesn’t easily slide under the plastic slider (no room). It makes bringing the slide in a two person operation which is less than ideal. My concern is that it will continue to get worse until there is some kind of structural failure. I think this problem has all been aggravated by the move to the larger refrigerator so the problem in the 2018’s may be worse. My cases of IPA are stored under the couch
        Our kitchen slide has 5 fixed rollers and 4 travelling rollers. We have never had a problem at the ends of this slide . . . only in the centre where is sags down during travel in/out.

        Our dining slide is the reverse. This slide has no rollers and slides plastic-on-plastic. The floor of this slide is far more flexible. We can watch the table and recliners moving about as this slide travels in/out. I have examined the perimeter attachment to the walls (expecting to see some separation) but everything appears to be firmly attached. The floor contact with this slide is definitely at the outer ends. I have to pull the slide in about four inches to be able to get the slide slickers under the ends.

        Rob

        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package (retired)
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

        Comment


        • #49
          Steve, don’t forget about the convection oven recall they will also take care of this for me. I had that added to list. Lippert adding the V Brace and will remove and replace that hanger that sheared off on way to Florida. A bit nervous about driving north with it but Lippert assures it will be ok as long as I keep to highway and limit tight turns. So getting pull throughs where possible when we stop overnight.
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
            Steve, don’t forget about the convection oven recall they will also take care of this for me. I had that added to list. Lippert adding the V Brace and will remove and replace that hanger that sheared off on way to Florida. A bit nervous about driving north with it but Lippert assures it will be ok as long as I keep to highway and limit tight turns. So getting pull throughs where possible when we stop overnight.

            On the recall. This is completed. I had GD send it to me. Something easy I cannot see wasting their time for this little fix.

            Be careful heading up. I would stop every couple hours or so and check that hanger, just for a piece of mind while traveling.
            Steve
            2018 Reflection 303
            2013 Ford F250, CCSB 6.7 Diesel, 4x2

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              wygieman

              Would happen to have some pictures of the rollers and the slide piece that is attached under the slide? You have mentioned that you removed the trim piece and I was wondering if you might have taken a few pictures. With regards to an aluminum angle for support I think it would take a rather large and thick piece of aluminum angle to support the floor on that long of a distance.

              Brian
              A couple of pictures. Rollers numbered 1-4 from aft forward. Second and third plastic slides are gouging the floor (where the weight is). You can see that the slide ends are square. When they dip down, they gouge the floor on contact. The second plastic slide is practically down on the floor when fully extended. What I can’t understand is the GD engineers went from 9 rollers supporting the plywood edge to 4 rollers in 2018 while at the same time significantly increasing the appliance weight in the slide. Then in response in 2019, went back to 9 rollers on the edge. It will be interesting to see if the newer units get roller imprints like Rob does over time as the rollers are hard according to the parts list. I plan to glue the felt sliders to the plastic sliders this weekend as a friend has done to prevent the sharp edges from contacting the floor. I am still considering some reinforcement of the plywood to help prevent the sag.
              2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS, Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
              2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by howson View Post

                You might want to use Lippert's "Slide Out Slicker" in the future: https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-13499.../dp/B00JMHFEU8
                We have vinyl flooring and we're getting some wear.

                At the Amazon link, there was a question asked and answered by "Manufacturer": Will these work on wood flooring? Answer: "these we will not work on hard surfaces."

                Is that the consensus here?

                -Steve
                2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                Blaine, MN

                Comment


                • #53
                  wygieman

                  My slide is carried for most of its travel on 5 rollers . . . not 9. (Still, one more than yours . . . for some reason) Of the 4 "travelling" rollers on the slide, the centre two touch the floor (fairly heavily) at the mid-travel point and then lift off again when the slide is fully in or fully out. The outer two travelling rollers never touch down. These travelling rollers have a soft (grey) surface over a hard (white) plastic centre. (see previous picture) I can't find these travelling rollers in the online parts list.

                  The plastic "slider strips" in your pictures are much wider than the travelling rollers on my slide.

                  Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package (retired)
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

                    We have vinyl flooring and we're getting some wear.

                    At the Amazon link, there was a question asked and answered by "Manufacturer": Will these work on wood flooring? Answer: "these we will not work on hard surfaces."

                    Is that the consensus here?

                    -Steve
                    Hi Steve,

                    The underside of the LCI Slide Slickers have a combination of a "hook & plastic nubs" for carpet on one end and "foam strips" for the majority of their length for carpet or vinyl flooring. The slide will push the nubs into the vinyl leaving permanent marks (ask me how I know this ).

                    For our dining table slide I cut off all but the last couple of nubs and added more foam tape. The end hook and the last row of nubs is sufficient to grab the carpet strip along the edge of our vinyl floor and hold the Sliders in place as the slide comes in. I have to bring the slide in 4" before inserting these under its edge.

                    For the heavy kitchen slide, the Sliders had to be shorter to fit the space between outer wall and kitchen island, so I cut off both the hook & nubs end and the other curved end, leaving the required length of Slicker strip with only foam strips on the underside against the vinyl flooring.

                    Bottom line . . . LCI Slide Slickers will work with a little "modification".

                    Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package (retired)
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                      wygieman

                      My slide is carried for most of its travel on 5 rollers . . . not 9. (Still, one more than yours . . . for some reason) Of the 4 "travelling" rollers on the slide, the centre two touch the floor (fairly heavily) at the mid-travel point and then lift off again when the slide is fully in or fully out. The outer two travelling rollers never touch down. These travelling rollers have a soft (grey) surface over a hard (white) plastic centre. (see previous picture) I can't find these travelling rollers in the online parts list.

                      The plastic "slider strips" in your pictures are much wider than the travelling rollers on my slide.

                      Rob
                      Looking at your picture again, I see that the slide rollers weren’t touching when fully extended as you say. My error. The plastic slider strips are 18” wide but aren’t effectively that width if they are slanted relative to the floor from the sag. The damage is all at the low end of the sliders. So the sag seems to be the real issue. The plastic slider strips did work for a year or so before they began marking the floor. I assume that means the sag increases with time and use.
                      2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS, Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
                      2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by wygieman View Post

                        . . . the sag increases with time and use.
                        I would agree with this. We did not need slide slickers for our kitchen side until the last couple of years. The first three years were fine.
                        On the other slide (which actually worries me more) the furniture wobbles around a lot more than it used to, as the slide travels in or out . . . meaning that this floor is becoming more flexible.

                        With the slides fully out, I have examined (very carefully) around the perimeter of the slide floor to wall connections . . . thinking that this increasing flex would be opening up a joint somewhere. No problems found.

                        Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package (retired)
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by wygieman View Post

                          A couple of pictures. Rollers numbered 1-4 from aft forward. Second and third plastic slides are gouging the floor (where the weight is). You can see that the slide ends are square. When they dip down, they gouge the floor on contact. The second plastic slide is practically down on the floor when fully extended. ...I plan to glue the felt sliders to the plastic sliders this weekend as a friend has done to prevent the sharp edges from contacting the floor. I am still considering some reinforcement of the plywood to help prevent the sag.
                          I have added the rubber/felt furniture pads under the plastic slides as my friend recommended. They help level the floor and prevent the edges of the plastic slide from contacting the floor. The rubber/felt pads are just superglued on and hopefully will stay in place. My friend has been using such a pad for over a year successfully with no issues. New pictures of the plastic slides with pads attached.
                          2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS, Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
                          2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

                            Steve,

                            My 2018 303 rls will be at GD headquarters on June 8th so yours is going in first. Lippert will be working on suspension on the 5th, should be an exciting time in Indiana 😞

                            From what I learned from speaking with GD rep is that the slide is removed and turned faced up to replace the floor and add the sliders. I would not trust a dealer to do this only at factory would I even consider getting this fixed.

                            Vivian
                            Vivian,
                            Today 6/4, I dropped off my 5er to GD Service Center. They are saying 2-3 weeks for repair (adding 1" floor board, recessed rollers.). I think they are padding this as I'm sure they are behind on repairs due to Covid-19.

                            FYI. When you register your 5er in for repair, next to the Customer Serivice entrance, to the right (North), is Employee's Entrance Door #3. Let the person taking thempatures, etc know why you are there, they will let Valerie know your there, and she will meet you outside that door (Covid-19 restriction). All employee's need to enter through this door so you will have no trouble locating.
                            Steve
                            2018 Reflection 303
                            2013 Ford F250, CCSB 6.7 Diesel, 4x2

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Superduty View Post

                              Vivian,
                              Today 6/4, I dropped off my 5er to GD Service Center. They are saying 2-3 weeks for repair (adding 1" floor board, recessed rollers.). I think they are padding this as I'm sure they are behind on repairs due to Covid-19.

                              FYI. When you register your 5er in for repair, next to the Customer Serivice entrance, to the right (North), is Employee's Entrance Door #3. Let the person taking thempatures, etc know why you are there, they will let Valerie know your there, and she will meet you outside that door (Covid-19 restriction). All employee's need to enter through this door so you will have no trouble locating.
                              Steve, thank you for the heads up. I am here in Elkhart and tomorrow will be at Lippert for the V Clips and bearing maintenance,etc. I was told to camp at their campsite just off the repair facility this weekend. They have elec and water hookups so that’s good. Our appointment is Monday and was also told 2-3 weeks as well. Hopefully it will be 2 weeks but, it is what it is. They will also be trying to find the antenna cable I somehow lost inside the ceiling so that might take longer.🙄

                              vivian
                              Vivian
                              2018 Reflection 303rls
                              Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                              Demco Recon

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

                                Steve, thank you for the heads up. I am here in Elkhart and tomorrow will be at Lippert for the V Clips and bearing maintenance,etc. I was told to camp at their campsite just off the repair facility this weekend. They have elec and water hookups so that’s good. Our appointment is Monday and was also told 2-3 weeks as well. Hopefully it will be 2 weeks but, it is what it is. They will also be trying to find the antenna cable I somehow lost inside the ceiling so that might take longer.🙄

                                vivian
                                Vivian,
                                Yes, the campsite is right in front of the service center. Nice sites, with a picnic table. They also have a dump station inside the gates, north end where you camp. You can dump Monday am if needed.
                                Oh, get plenty of sleep before Sunday night. It get busy around 3:00am Monday getting set up for business. No one knows or cares how much noise they can make, especially with their trucks. I suggest, turn your AC fan on to run constantly. It helps the noise thing. And, the Bull Frogs were pretty vocal Wednesday night. I will let you figure out the frog thing.
                                Who ever gets their first, report out.

                                Steve
                                Steve
                                2018 Reflection 303
                                2013 Ford F250, CCSB 6.7 Diesel, 4x2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X