Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 303rls kitchen slide denting-tearing flooring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the campsite on google earth. Good info on dump station as was going to locate one tomorrow we are boondocking no hookups tonight. 👍🏼 Forgot to mention all drawers, etc on both slides will need emptying for floor replacement. Picked up some boxes to store stuff. We are fulltime so it’s a PITA to do this. But glad it will be taken care of.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AAC687D5-B196-4928-8A7D-BCC7111317F5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	20642
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
      I found the campsite on google earth. Good info on dump station as was going to locate one tomorrow we are boondocking no hookups tonight. 👍🏼 Forgot to mention all drawers, etc on both slides will need emptying for floor replacement. Picked up some boxes to store stuff. We are fulltime so it’s a PITA to do this. But glad it will be taken care of.

Click image for larger version Name:	AAC687D5-B196-4928-8A7D-BCC7111317F5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	20642
      The grassy area in front of the site are where Mr Bull Frog’s are.
      My floor got another tear so they will most likely piece this in as it is a small area.
      Elkhart has a lot of stuff, if ya get bored. Also, the RV Hall of Fame is right off the turnpike.
      The Service Center has WiFi also.
      TV was good last night on antenna. I got around 24 channels.

Talk with you soon!

Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post

The grassy area in front of the site are where Mr Bull Frog’s are.
        My floor got another tear so they will most likely piece this in as it is a small area.
        Elkhart has a lot of stuff, if ya get bored. Also, the RV Hall of Fame is right off the turnpike.
        The Service Center has WiFi also.
        TV was good last night on antenna. I got around 24 channels.

Talk with you soon!
        I love frogs and hearing their calls 😎 My TV is not working at all😞. I was told full floor replacement even though my tear area is not that bad because I have mitigated damage using the plexiglass. But was told they will not repair it, will not last long so they recommend all new. I honestly prefer they don’t mess with the island or dining slide and hutch cause all has been working well up to now. But will have to remove all furnishings and both slides to replace floor.

Vivian
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Demco Recon

Comment

I love frogs and hearing their calls 😎 My TV is not working at all😞. I was told full floor replacement even though my tear area is not that bad because I have mitigated damage using the plexiglass. But was told they will not repair it, will not last long so they recommend all new. I honestly prefer they don’t mess with the island or dining slide and hutch cause all has been working well up to now. But will have to remove all furnishings and both slides to replace floor.

Vivian
          I agree on the entire floor repair but, they built the coach so I would trust them to do it correctly and make it look just like new. I have not heard any bad reports from repairs at the service center.

Steve

Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Oh, get plenty of sleep before Sunday night. It get busy around 3:00am Monday getting set up for business. No one knows or cares how much noise they can make, especially with their trucks.

Steve
            Does this bring back memories from 2 years ago, Steve ! Yup, they start early and the trucks (particularly the VERY noisy diesel boys and girls) and GDRV vehicles moving about is a beehive of activity until about 2ish PM when things quiet down. Attached couple pictures when we getting ready to leave the complex. Fantastic team of wonderful folks Jerry has at the service center.

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Does this bring back memories from 2 years ago, Steve ! Yup, they start early and the trucks (particularly the VERY noisy diesel boys and girls) and GDRV vehicles moving about is a beehive of activity until about 2ish PM when things quiet down. Attached couple pictures when we getting ready to leave the complex. Fantastic team of wonderful folks Jerry has at the service center.

Dan
              Yes, I have heard a lot of great things on Jerry, and his team. We know a couple who does Jerry's landscaping, and they echo the same thing about Jerry Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	20664 .
              Ya, the Boy's and Girl's and the Diesel trucks. They know we there trying to sleep, and they just like to have some fun. Some adult beverages also helps out ! LOL

Picture of our stay attached.
              Steve
              2018 Reflection 303
              Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I am at Walmart in Goshen buying ear plugs for this weekend
                Vivian
                2018 Reflection 303rls
                Demco Recon

Comment

I am at Walmart in Goshen buying ear plugs for this weekend
                  Pick up the Adult Beverage's. That helps also. LOL
                  Steve
                  2018 Reflection 303
                  Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Pick up the Adult Beverage's. That helps also. LOL
                    Yes, they do ! If you all enjoy craft beer, Iechyd Da and Chubby Trout have both great beverages and excellent food. Both top rated places in Elkhart area. Been to both two times......now I'm getting thirsty and hungry.

Dan
                    Dan & Carol

Comment

Update:
                      My 18, 303. Just got her home from street side (refrigerator) slide repair.
                      A Super Job done by Grand Design Service Center. Thank You GD and everyone involve.
                      Valerie and Angie, a Thank You to you both also.

The slide was pulled off the unit, floor of slide was replaced with a 1” board w/5 recess roller, and some linoleum repair.
                      The repair looks just like a new unit. We are very very please with the repair. Unit was clean inside.
                      Operation of the slide, you would never know any difference other than the rollers holding the slide up off the floor for a few inches of travel extending or retracting.

Steve
                      Steve
                      2018 Reflection 303
                      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I am looking forward to getting my 303rls on wednesday. So happy your experience with the GD service center was a good one, hopefully mine will be too. Unfortunately, my slide box was so under engineered it crowned the main floor. They have had to remove parts of the main floor, add welded aluminum bracing and outriggers it has taken an extra week to complete. But I am relieved that GD has stepped in to make good on this issue.
                        Vivian
                        2018 Reflection 303rls
                        Demco Recon

Comment

We are almost out of here, picked up rig yesterday and are staying at campground until tomorrow morning to make sure all is working well. I had an incident with the water heater and also had to get that replaced today $$$. When I got the unit yesterday, I noticed water dripping from plug which was loose for some reason. Got my socket wrench out to snug it up. The cap broke off when I turned to tighten and left the plug inside. I was exhausted and just wanted to take a hot shower and go to bed. Got out a hacksaw to cut a slit in plug to weaken it and to try and pry it out. Well I also destroyed the threads at edge of hole in the process of trying to pry it. Going to invest in a plastic nipple extractor, don’t ever do what I did. They also found the antenna cable I lost in the ceiling trying to find the splitter BTW so now I can watch OTA TV .

slide out repair outcome:

GD techs removed all furnishings including island and hutch on main room. They removed both slides and linoleum. On my unit they found the floor was crowned so they removed the main floor and found 11 joints welded incorrectly in the aluminum floor structure. They rewelded and added 54 cross braces and secured new floor to those. They also welded 4 extra outriggers below slide. I no longer hear the creaking sound in front of fridge or bathroom where I step. The floor now feels solid and slide has even spacing between bottom and main floor. It used to have a sag at middle which gouged flooring. The frame was also out of camber as a result of this structural problem. They burned camber and brought it to spec. They had to remove all the coroplast and replace with new. They now have all my disc brake lines inside coroplast and they cleaned up all wiring and secured it.

It has been quite the ordeal and while I know this is GD’s fault, they have been very transparent with the issues and have taken full responsibility for everything. Not once have they been argumentive or tried to deny service. Although I am disappointed I had such issues with my unit, I am relieved GD has helped to make everything better than before. They have an impressive team here at the service center, I highly recommend coming here for major repairs you might have.

Now to start my vacation

vivian
                          Vivian
                          2018 Reflection 303rls
                          Demco Recon

Comment

We are almost out of here, picked up rig yesterday and are staying at campground until tomorrow morning to make sure all is working well. I had an incident with the water heater and also had to get that replaced today $$$. When I got the unit yesterday, I noticed water dripping from plug which was loose for some reason. Got my socket wrench out to snug it up. The cap broke off when I turned to tighten and left the plug inside. I was exhausted and just wanted to take a hot shower and go to bed. Got out a hacksaw to cut a slit in plug to weaken it and to try and pry it out. Well I also destroyed the threads at edge of hole in the process of trying to pry it. Going to invest in a plastic nipple extractor, don’t ever do what I did. They also found the antenna cable I lost in the ceiling trying to find the splitter BTW so now I can watch OTA TV .

slide out repair outcome:

GD techs removed all furnishings including island and hutch on main room. They removed both slides and linoleum. On my unit they found the floor was crowned so they removed the main floor and found 11 joints welded incorrectly in the aluminum floor structure. They rewelded and added 54 cross braces and secured new floor to those. They also welded 4 extra outriggers below slide. I no longer hear the creaking sound in front of fridge or bathroom where I step. The floor now feels solid and slide has even spacing between bottom and main floor. It used to have a sag at middle which gouged flooring. The frame was also out of camber as a result of this structural problem. They burned camber and brought it to spec. They had to remove all the coroplast and replace with new. They now have all my disc brake lines inside coroplast and they cleaned up all wiring and secured it.

It has been quite the ordeal and while I know this is GD’s fault, they have been very transparent with the issues and have taken full responsibility for everything. Not once have they been argumentive or tried to deny service. Although I am disappointed I had such issues with my unit, I am relieved GD has helped to make everything better than before. They have an impressive team here at the service center, I highly recommend coming here for major repairs you might have.

Now to start my vacation

vivian
                            Wow! You almost have a new trailer, now - might even be better in some ways. Glad it's behind you (no pun intended, of course).

Rob
                            Rob & Laura
                            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

They have an impressive team here at the service center, I highly recommend coming here for major repairs you might have.

vivian
                              Jerry and his entire team are outstanding along with both the techs on site and those on the road. They do go above and beyond not just fixing the issue(s) at hand but taking care of other things we as owners point out to them and many things we do not even see. They are attentive, kind, and caring.

Good to hear that your experience mirrors this long standing approach and delivery.

Dan
                              Dan & Carol

Comment

I was curious as to how much more weight was added to my trailer with all the reinforcements, new thicker floor and outriggers. It worries me since I am fulltime and want to be within weight ratings on my 303. So yesterday it stopped at a cat scale and weighed rig and truck separate. BTW, love the cat scale app, no need to go into the station.

Just had stocked up with groceries and wine/beer (heavy) no water in freshwater tank. Truck was filled up with fuel. It appears I am still below weight and it really did not add much but even 50lbs is not good when fulltime 😞.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Beachcamper; 07-02-2020, 09:37 PM.
                                Vivian
                                2018 Reflection 303rls
                                Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
                                X