Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reflection 2019 - 297RSTS How much weight can my living/dining slide out handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 2019 - 297RSTS How much weight can my living/dining slide out handle?

Hi guys,
    question...our living/dining slide has a free standing 4-person dinette as well as 2 theatre seats.
    that’s 6 places for folks to sit.
    when we go to our family reunion in October I know my husband’s family will all want to be in our new RV and visit .
    that said...when you put 6 full size adults on one slide we’re talking 1,000 - 1,200 lbs of bodies!
    we have slide supports left over from our previous rv; but were told not to use them with our GD RV.

So how much is okay/too much?? There is nothing in the owners manual.
    thanks!

I went into the Lippert Support documents and checked the slide out master manual. They do not reference a weight limit for the slide out. This is most likely due to variables between the slide out mechanism and how it is interfaced with multiple manufacturers who use it. For instance, the flooring and wall construction will play heavily into calculating the amount of weight a slide can bear. I'm not sure GDRV has actually calculated the maximum load on your 2017 297. You might try giving the customer service line a call at 574-825-9679.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by LesalouG View Post
      Hi guys,
      question...our living/dining slide has a free standing 4-person dinette as well as 2 theatre seats.
      that’s 6 places for folks to sit.
      when we go to our family reunion in October I know my husband’s family will all want to be in our new RV and visit .
      that said...when you put 6 full size adults on one slide we’re talking 1,000 - 1,200 lbs of bodies!
      we have slide supports left over from our previous rv; but were told not to use them with our GD RV.

So how much is okay/too much?? There is nothing in the owners manual.
      thanks!
      They obviously vary from model to model, but I can tell you in mine, the refrigerator and dinette are both in the main living room slide out. That is a pretty significant amount of weight when loaded up. I would not put that much weight in it until you have the slide all the way out.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X