Floor thickness 2020 Imagine 2450RL Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor thickness 2020 Imagine 2450RL Slide

I will be replacing the folding table mechanism with the pedestal mount type. I would like to know the thickness of the floor I have found two reference 1" and another that said 5/8" .

I can't readily tell just by looking under the carpet based on what is visable.

I just need to make sure I use the right length screws to attach,
    I also plan to mount it on top the carpet and screw it to the floor.

Just need to make sure that I will not conflict with any other layers, seals, are sliding parts. I do not know how things are configured thru this section

I did manage to find that the Imagine XLS series has the pedestal option for the dinette.

There are 6 screws for the base to attach to the floor.
    My thought would be #14 between 3/4" to 1" since I will leave the car

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.
    Dana & Janet
    Toby & Katie (Maltese)
    Marrero, La.
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4
    5.3L w/3.42GR

I'm not sure how it exactly works but there is a way that this request can be bumped up to get a GD representative to help with the request if no members have responded.

I would like this done or how I can make that request.
    Dana & Janet
    Toby & Katie (Maltese)
    Marrero, La.
    5.3L w/3.42GR

Comment

Originally posted by D Haydel View Post
      I'm not sure how it exactly works but there is a way that this request can be bumped up to get a GD representative to help with the request if no members have responded.

I would like this done or how I can make that request.
      A faster (and more accurate) way than prompting a GD rep here (and get precise information for your trailer) is to call Customer Service and supply your VIN. CS will have all the pertinent info available at their fingertips. They'll also have a "build sheet" and will know if there is any variation associated with your particular trailer.

CS should also be able to provide any "gotchas" none of us may know associated with trailers equipped with pedestals. (Maybe there's something different done during production? No idea--that's why it would be a "gotcha". It's always the question we don't know to ask that gets us!)

Good luck--and please post back with the results.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks I will do that.
        Dana & Janet
        Toby & Katie (Maltese)
        Marrero, La.
        5.3L w/3.42GR

Comment

I was able to look a little more closer at the floor today and it seems to be 3/4" to 1" thickness.
          I backed out a couple screws that holds down the bench seat boxes and based on their length it seems like they go down in to the floor about 3/4".
          Also backed out the screws that the straps are anchored with for the existing folding pedestal an they to anchor in about 3/4".
          I passed a thin metal flat strip right under the floor in the general area the pedestal will mount and nothing was there.

So I fairly certain that the pedestal will screw down with no problems as long a I stay with the 3/4" penetration.

But I will still call GD support on Monday as suggested. I'll post their recommendations
          Dana & Janet
          Toby & Katie (Maltese)
          Marrero, La.
          5.3L w/3.42GR

Comment

Received confirmation for the slide floor thickness from GD:

"I appreciate your question on the pedestal table—slide floor. The slide floor is ¾” I would not think it would be an issue to add the table pedestal"

Very quick reply from e-mail request.
            Dana & Janet
            Toby & Katie (Maltese)
            Marrero, La.
            5.3L w/3.42GR

Comment

Working...
            X