Slide-Out Doesn't Work on 120vAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide-Out Doesn't Work on 120vAC

clarence. I have grand design reflection, my slide out stall when going out, using 110 ac they just stop, but when using dc they go out and in just fine. just doing it on 110 ac not 12v battery power

Originally posted by ccmayer View Post
    clarence. I have grand design reflection, my slide out stall when going out, using 110 ac they just stop, but when using dc they go out and in just fine. just doing it on 110 ac not 12v battery power
    Moved your post to it's own thread.

What model Reflection do you have? Which slide-out (if more than one).

Welcome to the forum!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Your slide-out is powered by your 12V battery system. The 120V is used to power household appliances (microwave, TV) and charge the batteries. As you found out, if you disconnect your battery your slide will not work.
      2017 310GK

Comment

thank for information. I have a 2019 gd reflection 315. I have just plugged in to house power and they have a 3 gone in and out. but now just house power and they won't go in or out ? just odd ill just turn on battery red plug.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmayer View Post
          thank for information. I have a 2019 gd reflection 315. I have just plugged in to house power and they have a 3 gone in and out. but now just house power and they won't go in or out ? just odd ill just turn on battery red plug.
          Just to clarify for you.

In order for the slides and other 12 v items in the RV to work the battery disconnect , red handle in the pass thru , must be turned on , pushed in and turned to the right so it can not be pulled back out. This allows battery power to all items in the RV that require it. Plugging into shore power , or house power , energizes the converter located in the RV that converts 120 v ac to 12 v dc for charging the battery and powering items in the RV. Contrary to some thoughts the converter does NOT always power items in the RV by itself the RV requires the battery to be well charged or fully charged to power the RV.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I agree with about 99% of Country Campers post (#5), My anecdotal information is that we were able to move our jacks and our slides while plugged into shore power with the bad battery, had a bad cell. I think it depends on how much of the available amperage the batteries are drawing for recharging and if there is enough left to operate the slides or jacks. Just a minor point, but if my slides or jacks don't work on battery and I have shore power available, I would certainly try using the shore power.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
            X