Slide Out Switch Inoperative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ready2Retire View Post
    In the last pic, there is nothing to scroll to below the IN-MOTION... That's the bottom of the screen.
    That's odd--there should also be Minimum Operating Voltage, Extend and Retract Inputs (what we're interested in), and Cloud Capabilities options below In-Motion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Options.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	37362

Do you see that input 4/10 isn't programmed? I'm really surprised they didn't try that input since it appears unused. There'd be a bit of wire swapping required (which you seem perfectly capable of doing) but I like the result according to your last post. That's an awesome goodwill gesture.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson It would appear that what you're seeing in your pic is a later version of the board. Remember, my coach's build date was 8/18 and was one of the earliest coaches to incorporate the Unity 4 board. Later versions of the board are greatly improved in their capabilities. Per our contact at LCI, my board is not much more than a in/out relay board on the hard wired inputs. The soft inputs (can bus) also have limited programming capabilities on the earliest versions. I'm pretty well convinced this is where the discrepancy exists with regard to moving the hard inputs to another channel. On another note, I'm seriously hoping the new board is "backward compatible" so I don't have a huge issue updating the board to a newer version.

And yes, a HUGE thanks to both LCI and GD for stepping up and helping me out with this issue. They just don't know how appreciative Audrey and I are for all the help they have provided in both the troubleshooting and (hopefully) resolution of this issue!

John
      2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
      2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
      2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
      2021 Can Am Maverick X3 Turbo RR
      2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
      1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
      MSgt, USAF (Ret)

Comment

Update: I received the replacement Unity 4 board last Tuesday, but had not had time to mess with it. This weekend I replaced the board. The first step was to "Save" the configuration from the old board and "Load" it on to the new board. This was pretty straight forward after some trial and error. I formated a thumb drive and inserted it into the OTCP port. A window popped up saying "Load" or "Save" and then asked to name the file. Some quick notes... The download takes forever! After several minutes, I walked away thinking it would continue on it's own. I checked on the download after a while and the OTCP had gone to sleep and the download stopped. I tried it again, this time standing there for the whole 25 minutes it took, touching the screen every time it started to sleep to keep it awake. Also I learned to touch the open "save" window, not the screen above it or it will dissappear. After it said "Saved", I put it in my computer to make sure the file was there. The 49kb file took 25 minutes to download. My old Commodore 64 was faster than that!

Before I powered down the old board, I noticed on the boards LED display, it showed "Fault--28--26. I don't know what that fault means but will ask...

After installing the new board, I inserted the thumb drive into the port and a window popped up. This time I chose "Load". That took just a couple of minutes and all devices showed "Success". I checked a couple of random lights and such and all seemed to work normally. One take away though is now all the devices are duplicated. One shows "Online" and works, the duplicate shows "Offline" and does nothing. In the settings screen it has an option to "Resync" to remove "Offline" devices. I almost pushed the button but decided to wait until I spoke with LCI.

The manual switch still does not work but I'm guessing it needs to be configured first. I noticed the port on the old board where the switches plug in was labeled "Latch In" whereas on the new board it's labeled "Configurable Inputs" or something like that. Again, waiting to talk to LCI to help me configure this.

I called LCI this morning but my contact was on another call. I left a message for him to call me back, or I'll just call again tomorrow.

John
        MSgt, USAF (Ret)

Comment

Resolved! I just got off the phone with our contact at LCI. If you look at the photo in post #31, you'll see "Extend and Retract Inputs". This was not on my old board (earliest version of the Unity x4 board). The new board does show this, and all I had to do was chose #1 (pin input) for the Extend and #2 (pin input) for the Retract from the dropdown menu (little down arror on the far right) and hit "Set". Backed out of the configuration screen and tried it and we are GOLDEN!. Also pressing "Resync" removed all the duplicate devices as I thought it would.

Just a shout out to Howard howson for your help and being a sounding board to help troubleshoot. Also a big thanks to GD and especially LCI for stepping up and providing the replacement parts, and walking me through everything.

John
          MSgt, USAF (Ret)

Comment

Ready2Retire -- AWESOME! We learned a lot, didn't we?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

howson We did! Having said that, now that I have an updated version, any future issues (knocks on wood) should be resolveable by choosing another channel and reconfiguring. Now lets discuss my left front hydraulic jack leak... Joking...

John

Edited to add: From what LCI told me, the fault code had something to do with an internal short on one of the output channels, but he didn't elaborate.
              MSgt, USAF (Ret)

Comment

Hey John, Ready2Retire

I’ve read through these post and I was wondering if you still have the a copy of the configuration of the one control? We had severe water damage on our 399th that fried the Unity board. We just installed a new one however we need to configure the One control. We didn’t have the option to save it like you did. Hoping to resolve today… if not planning on calling Grand design tomorrow (Monday)

Comment

Originally posted by BigMoLetsGo View Post
                  Hey John, Ready2Retire

I’ve read through these post and I was wondering if you still have the a copy of the configuration of the one control? We had severe water damage on our 399th that fried the Unity board. We just installed a new one however we need to configure the One control. We didn’t have the option to save it like you did. Hoping to resolve today… if not planning on calling Grand design tomorrow (Monday)
                  Call Lippert instead of GD to get help configuring your Unity x4 board. Their contact info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Comment

I have problems understanding how the HVAC works, I have a Dometic air conditioner and the unity assembly x4 board, but I have never been able to connect the HVAC, I don't understand how the outputs work, I already identified fans, cool, heat etc... can someone explain to me how it works. The outputs, I already tried with the manufacturer but I haven't had any luck

Comment

Originally posted by BAN0239 View Post
                      I have problems understanding how the HVAC works, I have a Dometic air conditioner and the unity assembly x4 board, but I have never been able to connect the HVAC, I don't understand how the outputs work, I already identified fans, cool, heat etc... can someone explain to me how it works. The outputs, I already tried with the manufacturer but I haven't had any luck
                      What model RV do you have? Which Manufacture did you try, Domentic, Lippert, Grand Design?

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                      X