Can I move the frig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move the frig?

2021 2500RL, Dometic frig on the slide - dinette on left, frig on right. There is approx 2' of unused space between the outer wall of the slide and the back of the frig. As we all know, unused space screams out at us "use me!". Considering 2 options - 1) make a "reach in" storage compartment from the top of the dinette across to the front side of the slide, braced on the bottom so it could hold items as wide as the frig, or 2) push the frig in towards the outside wall, thereby allowing full access wo the frig when the slide is retracted. Regardless of which option, I want to add foam board insulation to the inside of the thin paneling between the frig and the dinette. Makes absolutely no sense to me why one would go to the trouble of insulating the bottom when the frig vents allow cold air in, and no insulation prevents it from lowering the coach's temp. But then it makes no sense to advertise a 4-seasons winterized unit when the windows are only single pane, not thermal paned.
    Mark & Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Crew SB SRW
    2021 GD Imagine2500RL

Being as your fridge is in the slide there should be a bottom vent to allow air in and a top vent to allow hot air out. As long as your shelves behind the fridge does not interfere with the air flow you should be ok.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by mbergthold View Post
      2021 2500RL, There is approx 2' of unused space between the outer wall of the slide and the back of the frig.
      There may be some amount of space behind the fridge, but it would not be 24”. The slide is 36” deep and the fridge would be at least 2/3 of this. Outside ventilation to the back of the fridge would have to be maintained.

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X