Dust Seal Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Seal Repair

Learned a little more about the electric thru-frame slide mechanism working with Rudy yesterday. He noticed on a walkaround that a black "seal" was misplaced on his kitchen slide's actuator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SealRudy1.JPG
Views:	382
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	37897
    I had my files with me so we dug through pictures of when I was doing all the work under my trailer with the coroplast down and found the picture below of a correctly installed seal:

Name:	Dust Seal.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	37898
    Once we figured out exactly what it was (a dust seal) the repair was easy. We dropped a short section of the coroplast that gave Rudy enough room to reach underneath to reseat the seal. He secured it with a small piece of gorilla tape (seal to the outer section of the actuator, obviously) as the seal was slightly damaged but for it's intended purpose we figured it would be fine.

The speculation is grease got on the actuator and "grabbed" the dust seal, which eventually worked it's way out through the hole in the frame where was then visible. (Good on Rudy for spotting it--good walk around!)

Name:	grease.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	37899

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

howson may have learned about the dust seal, but I learned a great method for rock chaps from Rudy ​​​​​​​
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
    X