Slide Topper and Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Topper and Ice

This was one of those DUH moments in life.

​​​​​I have a slide Topper. Camper in the back yard with slide out. It rained a bunch yesterday and as most of you are aware slide toppers tend to hold a puddle of water. Then it got down to about 22* f last night. This morning I wanted to move the camper to the front yard in preparation of leaving on the last trip of the year tomorrow. I put the slide in. That didn't work so well. I had totally forgot about the possibility of that puddle of water turning into a puddle of ice. In the end the ice wouldn't allow the topper to retract properly and one side of the slide didn't retract all the way in. I moved it to the front yard none the less. Once in the front yard I opened the slide back up, climbed up on the roof and swept the ice off the topper. Once the ice was gone the slide and topper retracted like they should.

No harm, no foul, nothing got damaged. Won't make that mistake again. For everyone else if there is ice or possibly snow on your slide Topper it may jam up and not retract properly. You might have to make the climb to clear off the topper.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

I saw your post in the other forum and responded. Thanks for the heads up.
    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
    X