315 Kitchen Slide Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 315 Kitchen Slide Seal

Hello! First post to the forums as a new (to us) 2018 Reflection 315RLTS...which has an issue with a seal over the kitchen slide. There is nothing apparently wrong with the outer sweep seal...what did this other seal come off of? I can't see it when slide is retracted, from the inside. When the slide is retracted, the loose seal disappears inside somewhere! Appreciate some ideas! Bryan

Bryan

I have moved your post out on its own for better feed back for your situation. Not sure how to help you as I have not seen this before. It is interesting that the loose seal disappears when retracted. Someone here will hopefully have some helpful info.
    Also, welcome to the group.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by brplatt195 View Post
      Hello! First post to the forums as a new (to us) 2018 Reflection 315RLTS...which has an issue with a seal over the kitchen slide. There is nothing apparently wrong with the outer sweep seal...what did this other seal come off of? I can't see it when slide is retracted, from the inside. When the slide is retracted, the loose seal disappears inside somewhere! Appreciate some ideas! Bryan
      That looks like the interior compression, or "bulb" seal. There's a mirror copy of seals on the inside and outside of the slide. The wiper seal is connected to an "L" bracket that is secured to the trailer. The bulb seal slides up a channel that's on that "L" channel.

Fortunately, the bulb seal is very easy to replace. If you bring in your kitchen slide about 1/3 of the way, use a small ladder and peak over the sides and top (inside the trailer) and you'll see the seal I'm referencing.

This thread may help you to understand: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...ard-to-replace
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you both, Howard and Brian....I will dive into this this coming weekend and post my findings! Very much looking forward to the first trip with the Reflection next spring and then full time (summer) living in sunny Southern Oregon! Bryan

Comment

Yes, it was indeed the bub seal attached (at least partially) to the wall of the RV...it had separated from the channel it is attached to for about 6-8 feet. Fortunately, it was undamaged, so we just removed it from the channel, cleaned it up and reinstalled it - def a happy ending! Thanks again for the idea! Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by brplatt195 View Post
            Yes, it was indeed the bub seal attached (at least partially) to the wall of the RV...it had separated from the channel it is attached to for about 6-8 feet. Fortunately, it was undamaged, so we just removed it from the channel, cleaned it up and reinstalled it - def a happy ending! Thanks again for the idea! Bryan
            Thanks for the follow-up and I'm glad it was easy to fix.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X