Motor Disengaging - Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Disengaging - Why?

We have a grand design 2670 MK 2018. Every time after we travel our large slide will not go out the motor will run but will not move my husband has determined by looking underneath that the motor is sliding off the end of the shaft, he climbs under the trailer and pushes it back onto the shaft and then it works. Why is this coming off anyone know any way to fix it? Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Dianealt; 03-06-2021, 09:49 AM.

Originally posted by Dianealt View Post
    We have a grand design 2670 MK 2018. Every time after we travel our large slide will not go out the motor will run but will not move my husband has determined by looking underneath that the motor is sliding off the end of the shaft, he climbs under the trailer and pushes it back onto the shaft and then it works. Why is this coming off anyone know any way to fix it? Thanks so much!
    Hi Diane - moved your question to it's own thread. Hopefully you'll see the notification and you'll find it.

Also noted that was your first post, so please take a moment and read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it helps with forum-specific questions you may have.

For the slide...need to research and I'll post back in a few minutes.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dianealt ,
      Your original post was on a Schwintek thread but from the text of the post it reads like the thru-frame slide has the problem. Can you clarify which slide is giving you issues?

I can tell the living room slide is a thru-frame by the ram visible underneath (see red arrow).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thru-Frame 2670MK.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	45202

A Schwintek is easy to identify by the rails on the side of the slide. (Again, red arrows below.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Schwintek 2670MK.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	45203

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I am guessing that you are referencing the thru the frame slide and that your husband is pushing a gear back on the track or maybe even the clutch mechanism. If he was pushing on the motor he would have to drop the coroplast , underbelly covering, to access the motor. There should be a set screw or a shear pin that may be missing or out of place on the item he is pushing. Please post a pic of the item he has to move to make the slide work.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X