Jam Nut - Vertical Adjustment bolt - Lippert Hydraulic Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jam Nut - Vertical Adjustment bolt - Lippert Hydraulic Slide

I have a 2020 397TH. I got the rig back from the dealer just today after 5 months. Long story but bottom line GD had to send their own slide tech to fix it as the dealer refused to continue without GD expertise. I tested the slide several times in/out and all seems better than it ever was. I took several photos under the slide of all the various pieces of equipment, including where the bolts were lined up, etc - as a baseline going forward. My problem - the forward Vertical Adjustment Bolt/Jam nut is about 5" from the bracket above it, unlike the rear Vertical Adjustment Bolt/Jam nut (The rear Jam nut is tightened up against the bracket. I believe with what little written guidance I can find is that the Jam Nut should be up against the bracket. I asked the dealer about this discrepancy but since they did not do the work - they are washing their hands of anything done to the slide (including no warranty for parts/labor).I have attached a photo of the front and a photo of the rear. Is there any reason why the jam nut would be left without being tightened up against the bracket. I want to re- adjust it myself asap but don't want to screw up something 'special" as to why the GD tech left it down.
    Attached Files
    2020 Momentum 397TH - 2019 Ram 3500 - ICON Golf Cart 40L - 1200 watts solar - 600 amps battery

Originally posted by CaptDan View Post
    My problem - the forward Vertical Adjustment Bolt/Jam nut is about 5" from the bracket above it, unlike the rear Vertical Adjustment Bolt/Jam nut (The rear Jam nut is tightened up against the bracket. I believe with what little written guidance I can find is that the Jam Nut should be up against the bracket. I asked the dealer about this discrepancy but since they did not do the work - they are washing their hands of anything done to the slide (including no warranty for parts/labor).I have attached a photo of the front and a photo of the rear. Is there any reason why the jam nut would be left without being tightened up against the bracket. I want to re- adjust it myself asap but don't want to screw up something 'special" as to why the GD tech left it down.
    I'd think it should be tightened up, that's what the Hydraulic Slide-Out Room Adjustments TI - 080 shows: https://support.lci1.com/documents/t...om-adjustments
    Attached Files
    Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

That's what I think too. I have the doc you reference and page 1 - figure 2 is about as close as you can get to what I'm talking about. Thanks!
      2020 Momentum 397TH - 2019 Ram 3500 - ICON Golf Cart 40L - 1200 watts solar - 600 amps battery

Comment

I bet the Tech got busy with something else and just missed it. In the 4 or 5 million times he had to tweak it to get it right he probably forgot.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X