Curb Side Slide override

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curb Side Slide override

My 2021 303RLS does not have a curb side slide override access hole in the fender. I have not looked when its closed, but I'm almost certain that the override shaft end on the street side is not accessible unless the street side slide is extended. Can someone confirm or explain the missing access point?
    Cate&Rob howson KSC_Travels (since you also have a 2021 model 303)
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

I believe that this has been discussed before. I think GD just uses side skirts made for 1 or 2 types of models on all units , this makes manufacture easier. You could punch a hole in the skirt to add your own access point but I am not sure if the slide mechanism or the slide support structure would be in the way. A socket and ratchet would work to move the slide manually.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers Brian, the location between the tires makes it a bit difficult to reach especially when the slide is closed. I wonder if it was an oversight that it did not get placed as I can see that being a per unit mod as the fenders are probably used across the majority of the trailers with J wrap skirting.
      Joseph
      Tow
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        Country Campers Brian, the location between the tires makes it a bit difficult to reach especially when the slide is closed. I wonder if it was an oversight that it did not get placed as I can see that being a per unit mod as the fenders are probably used across the majority of the trailers with J wrap skirting.
        Being located between the tires then yes the hole would not be thee because the fenders are are used throughout the lines. It may not be added because of the fenders , a hole would not look good in the fender and It might be close to an edge or contour in the fender. You could add it if you wanted but make sure it will not be in a bad place.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          My 2021 303RLS does not have a curb side slide override access hole in the fender. I have not looked when its closed, but I'm almost certain that the override shaft end on the street side is not accessible unless the street side slide is extended. Can someone confirm or explain the missing access point?
          Cate&Rob howson KSC_Travels (since you also have a 2021 model 303)
          The manual shows the access hole. The living area in my 315RLTS is configured almost exactly the same as your 303RLS and it has the access holes on both sides.

Page 149 of the FW 2021 Reflection manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pg 149.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	47125
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Jlawles2

The manual drive for the curb side slide is located aft of the tires on the street side. I assume that this will be the same for your new 303, because "between the tires" would put the slide drive mechanism through the water tank . There is supposed to be a hole in the skirt as shown in the attached picture, but I can see how this could easily get missed in production. In fact, the hole in the skirt on mine is not very well aligned with the drive. There is about 10" of space between the closed slide and the frame rail. If I ever have to use this, I will use a cordless drill with a socket . . . the same as I use for lowering/raising the spare tire. (I don't even carry the long handle with us anymore). Thus, getting the hole installed is not a necessity (in my opinion) but would not be difficult to do if you can source the grommet.

Rob

Name:	IMG_1137.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	47131
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Jlawles2 Thanks for the tag... something else for me to check on when I finally pick it up...
              Ken & Sandra
              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, I'm assuming that this is the slide manual drive as it aligns with the drive tube on the curb side. The aft one on the curb side is directly over the spare tire and aligns with nothing on the street side. Both of my slide drive tubes are on the tongue end (front) of the slides and align with drive tubes. This may be a question for GD design team.

Street side:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210323_180044213.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	47164

Curb side:

Name:	Curb - PXL_20210323_180942231.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	47165
                Joseph
                Tow
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

Interesting that the "drive end" of the slides has been moved from the aft end to the forward end of the slides, on newer 303s. Both of the slide drives on my 2015 are at the back end, aft of the spare tire. This should make no difference to operation . . . although, for service they are a lot easier to get to back there than they will be above the axles.

Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, I am making the correct assumption that the round tube is the locomotive force for moving the slide. The only reason I can see in doing this is it now puts the tank slightly back helping with tongue weight.

This also moves the dump valve for the fresh tank back a bit do it does not dump on top of the axles.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X