Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Superduty;n48434]
    Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rollers under the curb side (dining table & recliners) were definitely not there originally. This slide moves plastic-to-plastic to keep the slide as close to the interior floor level as possible. See attached picture of the floor rail before the slide box is installed. The rollers that you guys now have, must have been part of your slide rebuild service work. My slide scrapes this fixed plastic rail at various points across its length as it moves in or out. There are witness marks to this on the underside of the slide. Do you have other rollers across the width of this slide, like the kitchen slide . . . or just rollers at each end?

Rob

Hi Rob,
    On my reply above, I was only looking at the street side slide, as that is the only repair I had done at GD. If I remember correctly, they pulled both of Vivian's slide's out due to a floor issue.
    My curb side slide (dinette) does not have rollers. I just looked to be sure. It ride on the plastic, just like your picture .

The rollers on my street side slide appear to be mounted inward more from what Vivian has by her picture and what I seen. on mine. My rollers (both ends of the street slide) do not ride on the "Sk"i" at all. I wonder why there is a difference on how they install the rollers? I would think, this would be a procedure on where to mount the outer rollers. When I get a chance, I will measure how far in the rollers are mounted and try to get a good picture. I do know, they do not ride on or touch the plastic ski's on both ends of the slide.

Steve.

Yes, the issue and repair done at the service center was to street side Kitchen slide. They did have to pull both mine out, gut the interior of all furniture and built ins. My aluminum bracing was not welded correctly causing serious damage to floor and also the kitchen slide had to be beefed up. This was all last summer at the factory service center. New bracing, main floor repair to frame and new street side box.

Steve, do you have a double door fridge or single? It’s the only reason I would think roller placement would be different. I have a single door fridge with small pantry at end.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Comment

Hi Vivian,

I have the double door refrigerator.. You might be correct on the roller placement due to the weight difference between the two different refrigerators.
      (I forgot you got the single door frig., which is what my wife wanted with the extra pantry on the side ).

Anyway, the roller’s on the plastic ski’s just isn’t good, any way you look at it in my opinion. The rollers will flatten the plastic out in time from the weight of the slide.

Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Hi Vivian. Beachcamper I got the 5er out today.
        Black rollers, mounted to the floor/frame, I have 6 total. I'm not sure if GD added any black rollers, as I did not count these before the repair last year.
        White rollers mounted to the slide floor (from GD Repair) I have 4 total.

The black roller on each end of the slide are at 2 1/2' in, from the outside of the slide. The ski's are at 2 1/4 ". So, my rollers (black rollers) do not touch the ski's in any way.
        IMG_1425 is the rear of the 5er. You can see my ski hanging down. The adhesive they used did not hold, so I need to repair that.
        IMG_1427, 1429 are the Refrig end of the slide.
        Hopefully you can pull the pictures in closer to see better the results.
        Let me know if you need more information.

​​​​​​​Steve
        Attached Files
        Steve
        2018 Reflection 303
        Diesel, Star White.

Comment

How strange. We have same amount of rollers, GD added 2 for a total number of 6. But distance from end on mine is roughly 6”

Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Demco Recon

Comment

Vivian,
            Going by your picture, I measured from the right trim piece to my roller. 7 1/4 inches. If mine was 6 inches, it would ride on the ski by 1 inch.

Look at your picture, then the middle picture of mine. See the trim piece where two piece’s meet. Look at the roller location of both of ours. You can see your roller is more to the right than mine is. I would say that is why your roller is on your ski.

Hope this makes sense.
            Last edited by Superduty; 04-04-2021, 05:08 PM. Reason: Change left to right
            Steve
            2018 Reflection 303
            Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
              Vivian,
              Going by your picture, I measured from the right trim piece to my roller. 7 1/4 inches. If mine was 6 inches, it would ride on the ski by 1 inch.

Look at your picture, then the middle picture of mine. See the trim piece where two piece’s meet. Look at the roller location of both of ours. You can see your roller is more to the right than mine is. I would say that is why your roller is on your ski.

Hope this makes sense.

Yes that is what I saw in the comparison of your pics vs mine but don’t understand why such a difference between our slide rollers. The right edge of my roller is in line with the width of my fridge, so that makes some sense for its placement there. But it does not work with the ski placement, I would think they would divide the rollers evenly on center.
              Vivian
              2018 Reflection 303rls
              Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

Yes that is what I saw in the comparison of your pics vs mine but don’t understand why such a difference between our slide rollers. The right edge of my roller is in line with the width of my fridge, so that makes some sense for its placement there. But it does not work with the ski placement, I would think they would divide the rollers evenly on center.

I agree with you Vivian. I would of thought that the placement of the rollers would be the same mounting based on our trailers being the same and even more, repaired with in a week of each other.

To get the rollers off the ski’s, I can only see one way. Pull the slide as you have no access to do the repair otherwise.
                If you just replace the ski, I feel in a short time, you will get the same results you have today.
                maybe someone else with a 303 that had the floor repair done will chime in so we can get another repair measurement.

im really waiting to hear what GD says, or the way the repair this. They have came up with clever ideas before. A scuff in our wall done at the factory. They was going to replace the board, but added a trim piece, and it really made the wall look better. I will snap a picture for you in a couple days. Worse part, coming back to the service center again.
                Keep us informed of your progress. Feel free to send my picture to GD if it can help out.

Steve
                2018 Reflection 303
                Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I have not heard back from GD regarding answers to questions​​​​. They advised changing the ski and I told them I was not going to do that at a dealer I want to bring it in to the service center. So I will be back there at end of my summer trip. Can’t believe I am dealing with this slide yet again
                  Vivian
                  2018 Reflection 303rls
                  Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
                    I have not heard back from GD regarding answers to questions​​​​. They advised changing the ski and I told them I was not going to do that at a dealer I want to bring it in to the service center. So I will be back there at end of my summer trip. Can’t believe I am dealing with this slide yet again

Really waiting to see how or what they do for you. I can see with the weight of the slide, having rollers under the corners where the floor and walls meet for support. I can also see where on mine off setting the rollers just off the ski’s will save the ski’s / issue you are having.
                    Steve
                    2018 Reflection 303
                    Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Beachcamper Superduty
                      Hi Vivian & Steve:

I finally got our 303 opened up and took some pictures of the lower corner trim on the slides. Both sides have 2 1/2" wide "skis". There are wear marks on the curb skis (dining side) where they slide plastic-to-plastic. The street side (kitchen) does not have roller marks on the skis . . . meaning that these trim pieces are not riding on the rollers. The torn corner trim (exposing the slide floor) is on the aft end of the dining slide. I have had recurring problems with this location since the trim strip overlaps the corner piece (ski) by a very small amount. (The missing screw in the picture was done in preparation for tucking the torn corner piece back under the trim strip and applying more silicone). I have repaired this one location several times, but the other 3 locations have been fine. There is a lot of variation in slide wall to slide floor fit (which is covered by this corner trim piece).

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	49438Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1153.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	49439Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1154.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	49440 ​​​​​​​
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                        Beachcamper Superduty
                        Hi Vivian & Steve:

I finally got our 303 opened up and took some pictures of the lower corner trim on the slides. Both sides have 2 1/2" wide "skis". There are wear marks on the curb skis (dining side) where they slide plastic-to-plastic. The street side (kitchen) does not have roller marks on the skis . . . meaning that these trim pieces are not riding on the rollers. The torn corner trim (exposing the slide floor) is on the aft end of the dining slide. I have had recurring problems with this location since the trim strip overlaps the corner piece (ski) by a very small amount. (The missing screw in the picture was done in preparation for tucking the torn corner piece back under the trim strip and applying more silicone). I have repaired this one location several times, but the other 3 locations have been fine. There is a lot of variation in slide wall to slide floor fit (which is covered by this corner trim piece).

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	49438Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1153.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	49439Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1154.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	49440
                        Beachcamper
                        ​​​​​​​
                        Hi Rob,
                        Your street side slide rollers are just like mine by not riding on the ski's. The ski's measurements are also the same as mine at 2 1/2" wide.
                        This sounds like the rollers on Vivian's 303 were placed in the wrong area (too far outward on the ski's). I remember, on Vivian's 303 they did some major work on the floor due to a crown or bowing effect , and there might be a reason they moved the rollers, which has caused this issue for her.

Rob, are using the LCI carpet protector ski's on both of your slide when extending and retracting?

Steve
                        Steve
                        2018 Reflection 303
                        Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
                          Beachcamper

Rob, are using the LCI carpet protector ski's on both of your slide when extending and retracting?

Steve
                          Hi Steve,

I have been using "Slide Slicker" strips for years on the ends of the dining/recliner slide. Grand Design actually gave these to me at a Rally years ago as the "best fix" for potential floor damage. More recently, I could see indentations from the centre two travelling rollers on the kitchen slide. So, I added Slide Slickers to these locations (I had to cut them shorter to fit beside the island). Even more recently, I notices a scuff mark from the dining/recliner slide at about its mid point . . . so I have a piece of plexiglass over that area. I am beginning to think that I need complete plexiglass panels to cover the whole slide travel area on each side . As ridiculous as this sounds . . . If I could figure out where to store these, I might actually do this!

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Store them behind the recliners in the slide like someone did with the table.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

[QUOTE=Cate&Rob;n49466]

Hi Steve,
                              More recently, I could see indentations from the centre two travelling rollers on the kitchen slide. So, I added Slide Slickers to these locations (I had to cut them shorter to fit beside the island). Even more recently, I notices a scuff mark from the dining/recliner slide at about its mid point .

Rob

Rob,
                              You mention above, you have 2 rollers in the center of your street side slide. Were these added after you purchase the 303, or did it come with the rollers from the factory?

I'm also looking at what I will do if I start seeing indentation's in the linoleum, from the 4 rollers onnthe slide floor added from my recent repair. I like the plexigalass thought, but worry that over time if it will crack when the slide is extending or retracting and possibly cause floor damage. Maybe a "Polycarbonate Sheet" of plastic would be better. It would cost more of course.

Steve

Steve
                              2018 Reflection 303
                              Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Superduty Cate&Rob as mentioned plexi is a bit less forgiving than say Poly. What about https://www.amazon.com/ABS-Plastic-T...821903&sr=8-14 ?? 24" wide x 48" long should be enough to get you in or out of trouble. Not that expensive either.
                                Joseph
                                Tow
                                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X