Slides stuck in - 399th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slides stuck in - 399th

Just setup my 2017 Momentum 399th at the lake and slides kitchen slides will not budge. I found the Schwintek controller in the front near the generator but I’m not seeing any type of error or blinking on that controller for the slides I’m trying to operate.

Is there another Schwintek controller I’m missing? Hidden somewhere else or does this unit only have one controller? My bedroom slide works just fine. It’s the other two in the main cabin/kitchen that are problematic.

s0x13 Are the slides the only things not working? Verify the battery disconnect in the pass through is on and you can not pull out the key.

You may also want to check to see if you have any blown fuses. Some of the controllers have 2 power sources. One for the motors on a self resetting breaker, and the other from the control center.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by s0x13 View Post
      Just setup my 2017 Momentum 399th at the lake and slides kitchen slides will not budge. I found the Schwintek controller in the front near the generator but I’m not seeing any type of error or blinking on that controller for the slides I’m trying to operate.

Is there another Schwintek controller I’m missing? Hidden somewhere else or does this unit only have one controller? My bedroom slide works just fine. It’s the other two in the main cabin/kitchen that are problematic.
      There's a controller for each Schwintek ("In Wall") slideout.

Looking at a video of the 399th online, the kitchen slide (curb side) and kitchen slide (street side) do not have the telltale Schwintek rail (as can be clearly seen on the bedroom slide, pic below).

Click image for larger version  Name:	bedroom rail.JPG Views:	0 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	48151

That tells me those slides are probably thru-frame slides, not Schwinteks. Based on the listings in the Parts Lookup website, I think these are hydraulic slides. So...I think your issue is hydraulic-related, not a Schwintek controller issue.

Does the unit auto-level? (Jacks work?)

Hopefully an owner with the hydraulic system will chime in here soon.

Also--please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes sir, only those slides not working. Everything else seems solid. Verified batt key disconnect is on correctly. Bedroom slides works just fine. Only my main slides seem to be the problem.

We did have the RV in the shop prior to the winter months for some hydraulic work (blew a tire and caused $5k damage) but did not test slides until now. Hence the reason I’m searching to see if there is another controller for error codes and/or correct operation.

thanks guys. Appreciate any and all help!!

Comment

Now that makes sense. Probably back to the shop it goes then unfortunately.

Comment

Now that makes sense. Probably back to the shop it goes then unfortunately.
            Lippert (the manufacturer of the hydraulic slides) has extensive documentation on their website. Might be worth reading through and seeing if it's something simple that you can fix yourself. Sorry I don't have any personal hands-on experience with this system.

Check out the manuals at https://support.lci1.com/2-x-2-hydraulic-slide-system (Look under the Hydraulic 2x2, Manuals tab.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	manuals.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	48158

Second Chance just replaced his manifold and is a regular contributor here. He'll see that "tag" and hopefully will chime in here soon.

Good luck--and please post back once resolved so we have documentation for the next owner with this issue.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

There is a hydraulic valve located in the front street side either in the propane tank door or in the front storage that controls these 2 slides. The valves may just be turned off , I think if I recall turning in is off out is on. It has also been noted to be careful when turning these knobs they are just plastic.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

There is a hydraulic valve located in the front street side either in the propane tank door or in the front storage that controls these 2 slides. The valves may just be turned off , I think if I recall turning in is off out is on. It has also been noted to be careful when turning these knobs they are just plastic.

Brian
                This is the tree to bark up first. The main slides are hydraulic - not Schwintek. If any of the main hydraulic slides are out, pull it/them all the way in. Then look in the the starboard/passenger side propane compartment for an aluminum plate with two little black knobs sticking out. If the Momentum setup is anything like the Solitude, they should be just above the top of the LP tank and to the rear of the compartment. Make sure both of those little valves are screwed all the way out. Then, try to put the slides out again. If your leveling system is working, the hydraulic pump and main manifold/solenoids are working. If it's not a problem with the slide room manifold valves, the next thing to trouble-shoot would be the solenoid valve for the hydraulic slides. LCI customer service is extremely helpful and responsive in stepping folks through this, too.

Rob
                Last edited by Second Chance; 03-29-2021, 06:19 PM.
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

We did have the RV in the shop prior to the winter months for some hydraulic work (blew a tire and caused $5k damage) but did not test slides until now.
                  Missed that important piece of information from your earlier post.

I'd at least check the valves referenced by Second Chance . The maintenance guys may have turned them off to keep the slides from moving while repairing the hydraulic system. Might be a really simple fix.

(Thanks, Rob, for your informed input!)

Howard

Comment

Thanks guys! You solved my problem! Attached is a pic that may be beneficial for others. These need to unscrewed all the way for the hydraulic slides to work. Much appreciated!

Comment

Second Chance chance to the rescue!
                      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                      Nash County, NC
                      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                      X