Using Dinette with Slide In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Dinette with Slide In

Hello, I have a 2019 Image 2800BH. When stopping at rest stops my wife and 2 kids like to use the dinette to sit at and eat. Is this OK?

Thank you

Originally posted by SB1664 View Post
    Hello, I have a 2019 Image 2800BH. When stopping at rest stops my wife and 2 kids like to use the dinette to sit at and eat. Is this OK?

Thank you
    I have done this with my wife and kids. Usually, if we do this, we do not take the slide out (we are trying to make those sort of stops short). So, I don't see any issue with using it....if you are asking if it is OK to take the slide out - certainly don't think it would harm the slide, as long as you are on level ground. But, if you are asking if it is appropriate to take the slide out and eat at a rest stop....I am not sure I know the proper etiquette for this if there is any. I am guessing this could be very circumstantial and depend on questions like but not limited to: How busy the rest stop is, how much space there is, where you are able to park at, and more.

Not sure if this helps or not, but hope it does! If you want me to see your reply use the quote function so it will notify me. Take care and safe travels.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Yeah, it looks like I didn't make it clear, I want to sit in the dinette with the slide in, but I hear you can separate the floor from the walls. But I have also heard that is if you are putting weigh on the slide while it is between being fully out and fully in. I hope that clears up my question

Comment

Originally posted by SB1664 View Post
        Yeah, it looks like I didn't make it clear, I want to sit in the dinette with the slide in, but I hear you can separate the floor from the walls. But I have also heard that is if you are putting weigh on the slide while it is between being fully out and fully in. I hope that clears up my question
        My understanding is it is okay when they are either all the way in or all the way out. Think of a motorhome, they have people in the slides while they are in and going down the road. At a rest stop you should be good.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

SB1664
          On a dinette slide like on my 315RLTS, the inboard side of the slide floor is unsupported when all the way in. It is literally suspended over the main cabin floor. When fully out the inboard edge "seats" to the main part of the floor creating a stable platform.

Anecdotally--somewhere or by someone--I was told to not sit or do anything in the dinette slide until it was fully extended and the floor was supported. I can't find a definitive authoritative reference, so...at this point it appears to be an opinion.

A google search brings up the usual conflicting opinions on a subject like this, so the only response that's defensible is this: be careful about the inboard edge of the floor. Stepping directly on it may damage the floor. Better to completely deploy the slide if able.

My .02...and about all it's probably worth.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X