Slide is bouncy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide is bouncy

First trailer with slides just wondering if its normal when I put my slide in (table and theater seats slide), when its in all the way I can push down on the seats and it seems bouncy is that notmal?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    First trailer with slides just wondering if its normal when I put my slide in (table and theater seats slide), when its in all the way I can push down on the seats and it seems bouncy is that notmal?
    Yes that is normal. There is nothing supporting the slide floor when it is fully retracted, there is probably an inch or so gap between the slide floor and the main floor. When a slide is fully extended the trim around the opening is tight against the interior walls and the inner most part of the slide floor is at the slide rollers , this provides the max support for the floor.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

My 22MLE has the same issue when the slide is retracted. And like Dennis , this is also my first trailer with a slide.

So is it safe to assume that I should not sit in the chairs in the slide since the floor is not supported? That is the assumption I have been living by so far

I have done searches about using a slide when it is retracted, and it seems to be about 50/50 split with people saying not to use a slide when it is retracted and others saying it doesn't hurt anything. I would think it would depend on the trailer model and the type of slide that is installed.

Bill M.
        2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

Slides are designed to be fully extended when in use. You can probably get away with sitting in it without any immediate issues but as you have stated the floor is not supported when retracted so it is putting undue stress on the floor and slide system that over time can leads to issues.
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Working...
          X