No announcement yet.

Slide Out Won't Slide Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jim. I am leary of operating the slide only partially out as it will lose zero, maybe. But I will give it a shot. When you say copy the serial and model number from the rack, is that once I remove the motor?
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post
      Thanks Jim. I am leary of operating the slide only partially out as it will lose zero, maybe. But I will give it a shot. When you say copy the serial and model number from the rack, is that once I remove the motor?
      You will be ok to do this a few times. The serial number located on the rack inside the rig. Look carefully there....you may need to pull the rubber cover back that retains the wiring harness to see the tag.

Jim

Comment

Just an update. I dropped the trailer off at the dealer. They need to fix it. Once they say it is ready, I plan to pick it up and drive it around a few blocks and take it back in and then try the slide with the mechanic.
        John and Lori
        2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Just an update. I dropped the trailer off at the dealer. They need to fix it. Once they say it is ready, I plan to pick it up and drive it around a few blocks and take it back in and then try the slide with the mechanic.
          I hope you have better luck with your dealer than I did. I asked for the same thing, to 'have a tech review with me the fix on our slide, since I will be putting the trailer in storage for the winter after I pick it up, and I just want to ensure everything is working properly'. Anyways, the advisor says to me, 'Sure, you can try the slide all YOU want after you pick it up, but if there is an issue, book an appointment and we'll look at it then'
          2019 Imagine 2400BH
          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

StephenO JHC

Expecting a dealer to have a "technician" (ie "parts changer") who understands how to adjust a slide (particularly a Schwintek) is wishful thinking in the first place. Better to research how to do this yourself. . . there are several good videos on Youtube . . . or find a mobile tech based on personal recommendation from other owners.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              StephenO JHC

Expecting a dealer to have a "technician" (ie "parts changer") who understands how to adjust a slide (particularly a Schwintek) is wishful thinking in the first place. Better to research how to do this yourself. . . there are several good videos on Youtube . . . or find a mobile tech based on personal recommendation from other owners.

Rob
              Not to get too much off topic, but your comment reminded me of this repair video. ​​​​​In it, he shows how even the manufacturer doesn't take the time to do installation correctly, and installed a Schwintek slide without the floor rollers. Around the 13 minute mark, you can see how the floor is sagging in the middle, clearly showing how the weight is carried on the walls / H-column .

Well worth viewing both videos IMO, gives a good reference on how the slide works for anyone interested.

2019 Imagine 2400BH
              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Good information and video. The dealer has been pretty good so far except for actually fixing it last time so we will see. Thanks. I'll report back.
                John and Lori
                2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Just an update, the dealer called me and said they couldn't find anything wrong with my slide out. I suggested they take the trailer for a spin on the highway and then try to open it. It seems every time we travel and park it, the slide won't open so I hope this will show them that there is a problem. Stay tuned.
                  John and Lori
                  2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                  2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

JHC Welcome to the family and the forum!

I hope your dealer can find the problem.
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I am happy to report they found the problem. The wires on the motor were pinched/frayed. They replaced the motor and rerouted the wires. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Very happy!!
                      John and Lori
                      2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Not to get too much off topic, but your comment reminded me of this repair video. ​​​​​In it, he shows how even the manufacturer doesn't take the time to do installation correctly, and installed a Schwintek slide without the floor rollers. Around the 13 minute mark, you can see how the floor is sagging in the middle, clearly showing how the weight is carried on the walls / H-column .

Well worth viewing both videos IMO, gives a good reference on how the slide works for anyone interested.

StephenO This is a great post where the video illustrates how the schwintek slide works in detail. This fellows videos in general are painful to watch but the key information is priceless. He shows how the dissimilar metals must be lubed which is excellent advice. If I were the customer, I would have rather had the coach in a shop where the slide could have been pulled and the manufacturer or Lippert involved in how to properly support the room since this repair is a band aid in addressing the real issue.

Jim

Comment

I am happy to report they found the problem. The wires on the motor were pinched/frayed. They replaced the motor and rerouted the wires. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Very happy!!
                          Awesome that they found the issue. I wish Lippert would come up with a better way of protecting the short pig tail harness on the motors. The Schwintek system IMO is a great design where this wiring issue and the lack of access of the motors on some coaches are the main issues of this system.
                          If they would correct these two key issues the system and designers would earn the respect for a very clever system.

Amazon now sells replacement motors at a reasonable price so its worth carrying a spare.

https://www.amazon.com/236575-Wall-S...ps%2C82&sr=8-8

Jim

Comment

Jim,

That price is almost too good to be true. I think there will be one in my spare parts bin.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Jim,

That price is almost too good to be true. I think there will be one in my spare parts bin.

Brian
                              Brian,

I believe the period that Lippert has sole rights to sell this product has run its course. So this is worth a try since it looks like the identical part. Now if they would just put a protective loom over the pig tail harness on the motor. I've not looked at this recently but wonder if this pigtail can be zip tied to the motor and the harness routed straight down the bulb seal?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Jim,

Brian
                                I think I will add a motor to my parts bin too. I need to know if this one will fit my 22mle so I will see if the service department can provide the model # they replaced.
                                John and Lori
                                2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                                2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
                                X