No announcement yet.

Slide Out Won't Slide Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we picked it up and brought her home. Ran the slide out and back in, no problems! We went camping last weekend and what do you know, it wouldn't go out at all. Messed with it and finally got the slide out. It was a bear getting in but we did it. Called the dealer and GD. It's going in, AGAIN. We have a case number so let's see what happens. I am not confident it will be fixed. If they don't fix it, the trailer is gone and I will research another trailer and better slide system. I am needless to say, not happy with this trailer and GD. I will never buy or recommend another GD trailer.
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post
      We went camping last weekend and what do you know, it wouldn't go out at all.
      John,
      Where there any codes flashing on the controller?

Do you still have the trailer at home and are you willing to make a few measurements?

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

what type of slide is it?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

John,
          Where there any codes flashing on the controller?

Do you still have the trailer at home and are you willing to make a few measurements?

Howard
          Yes, code flashing said there was a short. The trailer is at home. After work today, I will go and take some measurements. What am I measuring?

Randy, it's a swinteck.
          John and Lori
          2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
          2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Yes, code flashing said there was a short. The trailer is at home. After work today, I will go and take some measurements. What am I measuring?

Randy, it's a swinteck.
            Never mind on the measurements--it's an electrical problem not a physical install problem. Those codes flashed because there's a harness that shorted (pinched) somewhere or a connection at the motor is bad. This should be a relatively easy fix for a dealership. Hardest part is running the new harness (if that's what's wrong) along the original path to replace the old one or finding a new route.

How, exactly, did you get it to work with the error code flashing? Did the manual override work? (The more I learn about the Schwintek the more I want to know, so thanks for sharing your experience.)

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

MY local repair shop has said to me many times to stay away from the schwintek slide system if possible. They see more issues with that system compared to other systems. that is one of my fears of buying a 2400BH.

Comment

Randy Zahn -- it may seem crazy to get this deep into a system you don't even own, but consider taking Lippert's webinar on the Schwintek. It's geared to RV technicians, but taking the mystery out of the slide may alleviate some of your fears. The course is here: https://lippert.thinkific.com/

The specific parts of the course to pay attention to are how to do checks, or measurements, of the system. So we don't take JHC 's thread off-topic, if there's any specific questions related to the course (once you've taken it) please start a new thread. Might be an interesting discussion for not only you but the other technically-minded individuals that tend to hang out here on this forum.

Howard

Comment

Just an update. The trailer is back at the dealer and the factory is involved. We now have a case number so we will see if they get it fixed.
                  John and Lori
                  2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                  2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

JHC -- hope this is resolved soon. Thanks for the update and...please...try to get out of the dealer specifics on what fixes the issue for future forum reference.

Comment

Well, I just brought the trailer back. The slide rails and slide itself was out of spec so they rebuilt and now now it works. Ran it in and out several times before I left the dealer. I can tell both ends are in sync now. Parked it and sent the slide out here at home. Worked fine. I hope the slide issue is behind me. Sheesh......I did have a bad taillight and they replaced, at no charged too.
                      John and Lori
                      2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

I had a very similar problem with my 22MLE. The mechanics are here replacing the entire slide assembly right now (parts and labor $2,500) and it was still acting up. They got on the phone with Lippert and decided that the heavy end (kitchen side) was about 1/16 too low. The roller is not adjustable, so they are going to try putting a metal piece on the bottom of the slide to get it up enough. To say I am disappointed with Grande Design right now would be an understatement.

Bob, Audra, Max and Buzz
                        2020 22MLE
                        2018 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Ramahler View Post
                          I had a very similar problem with my 22MLE. The mechanics are here replacing the entire slide assembly right now (parts and labor $2,500) and it was still acting up. They got on the phone with Lippert and decided that the heavy end (kitchen side) was about 1/16 too low. The roller is not adjustable, so they are going to try putting a metal piece on the bottom of the slide to get it up enough. To say I am disappointed with Grande Design right now would be an understatement.
                          I hope they get this worked out for you but to be out 1/16 that would cause issues seems unlikely to me. Have them check that both sides are in time and not off by a tooth.

Jim

Comment

The mechanics were on the phone with Lippert for two hours yesterday and what they determined was that there was too much weight on the roller that is under the kitchen and it was actually starting to dig into the slide flooring. It actually ended up being more than 1/16th out. They put a metal piece in for the roller to ride on, but it still is not quite right. The next thing they are going to put in is an adjustable roller.

Bob, Audra, Max and Buzz
                            2020 22MLE
                            2018 Tundra

Comment

Working...
                            X