2250RK new squeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2250RK new squeak

No carpet style slide. MY 2020 produced in 2019 and have had zero issues since new. I do all the PM suggested but recently coming in it’s starting to squeak. I’m consistent with Gib lube and using rubber treatment frequently. I’ve not read about or come across this type of slide issue before so if anyone has a suggestion please advise. TY
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
    No carpet style slide. MY 2020 produced in 2019 and have had zero issues since new. I do all the PM suggested but recently coming in it’s starting to squeak. I’m consistent with Gib lube and using rubber treatment frequently. I’ve not read about or come across this type of slide issue before so if anyone has a suggestion please advise. TY
    It looks like your 2250RK has one Schwintek slide, right?

There's been a lot of conversation about lubricating Schwintek slides. Lippert says no, others say yes.

This linked thread is long, but covers the topic thoroughly. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lide-straining

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

It looks like your 2250RK has one Schwintek slide, right?

There's been a lot of conversation about lubricating Schwintek slides. Lippert says no, others say yes.

This linked thread is long, but covers the topic thoroughly. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lide-straining

Howard
      Tks Howard. I re-read the links and references and watched again the videos. The slide seems to operate fine, it’s just the squeak that’s new.
      I’ll keep an eye out. Tks again.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
      X