Slide Out Intermittent Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Out Intermittent Issue

Hello, I have a 2021 Imagine 2670MK which has developed an intermittent issue when opening/closing the slide on the curb side (kitchen). When opening, the slide will go out about 6 inches and stop. When I try to retract nothing happens. I wait a few seconds and am able to retract. I try to extend again and the same thing happens. After a few attempts the slide will finally go all the way out. I've experienced the same trying to retract from a fully open position. This has happened both on battery (full charge) and shore power. Do I just need to recalibrate the slide as outlined in the Schwintek manual e.g. extend 4 inches, retract and repeat the process 5-6 times, fully extend then retract 4 inches then fully extend and repeat 5-6 times? We've only been out 4 times so wouldn't expect to have a syncro issue in such a short period of time. Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    2120 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Some where there is a slide controller. The LED lights will give you a trouble shooting code to look up. Here is the LCI guide.

One known problem with the slides is the auto-resetting breaker, many have changed the 50amp breaker to an 80amp break. The 50amp trips, then resets, then trips. That is one possibility.

The other thing could be a motor going bad or some other thing causing one side of the slide to drag. I have seen posts about screws in inappropriate places gouging the side of the slide and making it drag. When the motors get out of synch the controller stops them, throws a code, and then will start up again. Find the slide controller and look for a code. I'll bet howson has a bunch of links on how to check the breaker also.
    2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll check the slide controller this evening to see if any codes are coming up.
      2120 Imagine 2670MK
      2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

scdock
        Resyncing is a good place to start. Verifying the battery (and/or converter) voltage while the slide is moving is also a good troubleshooting step. (Yet another reason to have a battery monitor that you can view on your phone to see what's happening in real time.)

In addition to d2reid 's link to the manual, LCI has a lot of material here: https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson
          Thanks as well for the advice. I've reviewed a few videos on Youtube and sounds like resyncing should correct the problem. I'll update the post after I run through the process.
          2120 Imagine 2670MK
          2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

howson d2reid
            I tried to close the slide last night and the error light indicated a wiring issue between the controller and motor 1. I set the controller to override and was able to close and re-open the slide. While doing so it was very apparent the 2 motors were out of sync, at least 4 inches. After running through the manual override I had the same problem with the slide moving 2 inches and stopping. I ran the manual override again, full retract and full extend. I then retracted about 8 inches and then fully extended and went through this cycle 3 times (based on the GD video) and took the controller out of manual mode. Both motors were now in sync and I was able to retract and extend the slide with no issues. Hopefully this fix will stick for a while. I'm still not sure how the motors got so out of sync on such a new slide that has probably been open and closed no more than a dozen times. Thanks to both of you for your responses.
            2120 Imagine 2670MK
            2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

Originally posted by scdock View Post
              Thanks to both of you for your responses.
              Glad to be of some help and thanks for the follow-up.

At this point, if you remember to hold down the button for a few seconds after the slide stops, unless there's an issue it should stay in sync. The key to the Schwintek is holding down that button for a few seconds as it reaches it's limit (either in or out).
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson
                I did see the guidance to hold the button for 3-5 seconds when both engaging and retracting. I'll make sure to do that going forward. Thanks again.
                2120 Imagine 2670MK
                2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

Originally posted by scdock View Post
                  I tried to close the slide last night and the error light indicated a wiring issue between the controller and motor 1.
                  I am really hoping that your problem is resolved. And I kind of hate to rain on the parade, but I thought I had better give you a heads up, not saying this is happening, just sharing that it happened to me.

One of my motors had a broken wire at the connector. Sometimes the connection leaned on way and worked, sometimes it leaned another way and failed. I got the same error code that you got. After several weeks intermittent problems it finally failed for good. When the tech got the motor out this is what he found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brokewire.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	52442

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
                  2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
                  E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
                  Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

d2reid
                    I appreciate the heads up. We were out this weekend and everything seemed to function properly. Hopefully we won't have the same experience you did with the broken wire!!
                    2120 Imagine 2670MK
                    2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

Working...
                    X