Topper awning being damaged going in & out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topper awning being damaged going in & out

Holiday World (a GD dealer) put on my slide out topper less than a year ago, apparently incorrectly. The topper roller is pressing so hard against the top of the trailer slide out the awning is being destroyed. There is also a top corner trim that is actually being bent from the roller pressure. I made an appointment with Holiday World and took it in to have the roller adjusted out just a little. Holiday World had my trailer for a month and did nothing to fix it. Just put me off week after week saying they were busy. This Holiday World has the "Priority Network" as does my trailer... what a joke! Holiday World has also misplaced my keys.
    I have found some YouTube on topper installation, but nothing on how to adjust. Can someone help me out on this. Thanks much.
    2021 GD Imagine 2800 BH
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Outrigger

If you could please post a couple pics this would be helpful for us to help you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Outrigger

As Brian wrote, please post some pictures.

Not sure it will help, but I did a complete thread on how I installed the toppers on my 315RLTS. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...all-19-315rlts

Finally, please update your signature block so you don't have to keep writing out your trailer info (and we won't have to keep looking up to post 1). All the related "forum 101" stuff is in the Welcome Letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My first thought was spacers under the roller mounting plates. Should be fairly easy to fabricate from High Density Molecular Weight (HDMW) plastic.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions. We have had rain every day, almost all day. so I have been unable to drag out a ladder and take a decent picture. Note: Holiday World found my keys the next day when I went back and asked them to search. Then also apparently cut into one of the slide out top corner trim pieces and raised the mounting plate 1/2 inch. So now instead of the awning being cut by the recessed screwton the trim piece, the roller is putting all the pressure onto the top of the corner trim, bending it. Seems like the roller arm should have been moved out a hair, rather than up.
          2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Outrigger Which Holiday World are you dealing with. I have not had to use their service dept yet. The Katy one is where I bought the Reflection, but the League City one is closer and where I bought our first TT.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X